play the ball?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
formulamoto

play the ball?

Post by formulamoto »

what are the rules at a play the ball ? is it compulsuary to have 2 or even 1 marker, because on more than 1 occasion castleford did not have any markers.
pedro

Re: play the ball?

Post by pedro »

no dont need any, cheap 5-10 yards if you dont though from dummy half
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I was saying to my cousin last nite that the play the ball is none existent in our game....... the difference between the super league and the nrl play the ball is a joke
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:24 pm I was saying to my cousin last nite that the play the ball is none existent in our game....... the difference between the super league and the nrl play the ball is a joke
Absolutely. And when you add in the fact that in the NRL there seems to be a tacit agreement between refs and players that they will play to the spirit of the game, and not milk penalties for players lying in the ruck, it makes for a much better spectacle. I don't want to see that, any more than I want to see teams keeping the ball in the scrum hoping to get a cheap penalty.