Flares on t'pitch.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Flares on t'pitch.

Post by ian.birchall »

Listening to Wish on Friday when we scored to go ahead 28-26 Mills and Bilko were apoplectic at the fans in the Wigan end throwing flares onto the pitch. Nobody seems to have commented on this but are we not looking at some sort of sanction from the RFL and justifiably so I would suggest.
If it was among the Wigan fams why weren't they wrestled to the ground by those other fans around them and handed over to the stewards or even better the police?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
fozzieskem

Re: Flares on t'pitch.

Post by fozzieskem »

It happens time and again it seems to me the club are happy to let it carry on till some form of sanction comes down on them from the RFL maybe then they will do something as they really are a pain in the arse throwing them
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Someone claimed on r'other place than it wasn't a Wigan fan who threw it. I don;t know about that, but it was *mostly* Wigan fans behind that goal. It was 20 or 30m away from me, couldn't see who, but the canister thingey I saw fetched off thew pitch was a fair-sized item. The culprits should be identified and banned. And yes, the Club should take a much stronger line on this.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

If you go on facebook you can pick up the sympathisers and possibly some of the perpertrators?
One mon answered somebody who had protested, not to be miserable as they where having a laugh!
Perhaps somebody needs to get hurt before the ramifications of the "laugh" come to fact? Fingers crossed it's him that takes the hit!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Mike1993

Post by Mike1993 »

I was stood at the very back of the away end in front of the "executive boxes" if you can call them that and saw the culprits being turfed out behind me. They can't have been older than 15 or 16.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TIGERS ISSUE SMOKE BOMB WARNING

Castleford Tigers have issued a warning to fans after smoke bombs were set off by home and away supporters at recent games.

The club’s Ground Safety Officer, Ian Crawford, has appealed to fans of all clubs attending the Mend-A-Hose Jungle not to let off smoke bombs, fireworks or flares.

Any supporter caught doing so will be issued with a lifetime ban.

He said: “These items pose a serious risk of injury to other spectators within the stadium, particularly those with breathing difficulties, and will not be tolerated inside the Mend-A-Hose Jungle.

“Not only do they pose difficulties within the confines of a stadium as supporters try to move away from the smoke, we’ve even seen players having to move away from the goal posts to avoid inhaling it. Clearly this is not acceptable and the genuine fans, players and staff attending matches deserve better from what is a very small minority of fans.

“We will be operating a zero-tolerance approach to the use of these incendiary devices and any home or away supporter found to be in possession of, or caught letting off, a smoke bomb, firework or flare will receive a lifetime ban from Castleford Tigers.

“Furthermore, if anybody can help the club to identify any previous offender, we would welcome a conversation with them in the strictest confidence. Anybody that would like to discuss this issue with us can contact the club by emailing info@castigers.com."

https://www.castlefordtigers.com/mobile ... hp?id=6327
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan