Shaun Edwards says he "hasn't made mind up" whether to return to Wigan Warriors or stay in rugby union

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fujiman

Re: Shaun Edwards says he "hasn't made mind up" whether to return to Wigan Warriors or stay in rugby union

Post by Fujiman »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:29 am
medlocke wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:44 am IL should do a pre-emptive strike on Edwards and announce the new coach before Edwards announces he isn't coming, Take all the limelight away from his big head, It won't be as sensational as it would have been, See how he likes those chips :!:
The thing is if Wigan do this then although for a couple of years people will remember whats happened eventually it will look like a failing on just the clubs side.

If SE decides to stay in union the club come out of it looking like the injured party.

Although both are to blame.

I'm happy for us to wait, we have a season to worry about. Let SE make his mind up and show us all what he really thinks about Wigan.
Agree with that Caboosegg. IL is, I think, waiting for SE to be the one to pull the plug on this sorry saga.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Shaun Edwards says he "hasn't made mind up" whether to return to Wigan Warriors or stay in rugby union

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Agree with what is being suggested in that IL is waiting for Edwards to declare his intentions.
I do suspect though that the day (week) after Edwards makes his decision to take up further Union appointments IL will announce our 2020 coach.
Rumours about Barret, correct or not, suggest IL isn't sat on his hands over all this.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Personally if i were IL i would grab the bull by the horns here and tell SE thanks but no thanks we are first choice or no choice

We look pretty pathetic as it is and this whole situation is doing nothing to dispel the thought that league is now just the lame duck of the rugby world behind the NRL and Union
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure