How do we avoid relegation?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: How do we avoid relegation?

Post by Firestarter »

stanthemanc wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:47 am this is my team for saint probably not win but if told to go out there and have fun and do there best just might surprise a few people.
Hardaker
Davies
Hankinson
Gildart
Burgess
Greenwood
Worthington / Paisley
Isa
Jake Shorrocks
Escare
Navarrete
Ganson
Bullock

subs
Woods
Sammut
Kibula
Partington

I would be happy to see this team play to be honest with ourselves we are not going to win the challenge cup we aint goin to win the super league and definitely not going to old Trafford so why not give the youngsters a go
no williams?????
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
stanthemanc

Post by stanthemanc »

we all know Williams is leaving at the end of the season ,we are not going to be able to get top shelf half back so lets say to the youngsters here is your chance prove to us you have what it takes to become a top class half back and a starter for the this team
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

stanthemanc wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:16 am we all know Williams is leaving at the end of the season ,we are not going to be able to get top shelf half back so lets say to the youngsters here is your chance prove to us you have what it takes to become a top class half back and a starter for the this team
i get what your saying but i think leaving out george will possibly get us relegated
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
stanthemanc

Post by stanthemanc »

we are almost there I think our youngsters will surprise us and George does go missing during games he has nothing to play for at the moment the young guns have .
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Sacking off some of our experienced players who are leaving just to bring in the youngsters will have an adverse affect.

Youngsters need blooding in with care to ensure there isn’t too much expectation and also they do not get ahead of themselves or lose confidence.

Sticking them into a low performing team, potentially in a relegation battle and with not many players too look up
to will not have the desired effect some of you are suggesting.

Is there any evidence of a low performing team getting rid of players leaving mid season and bringing in all the youth?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Answer, we win some games. We will not get relegated.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Finish last, We will not get relegated, It won't happen, Super League can afford to lose the likes of London, Salford, Wakey etc, But they won't allow Wigan, Wanky Wire, Leeds or Saints to go down, The league will miraculously expand to 14 clubs with no relegations and Toronto and Widnes to come up
Dev

Post by Dev »

stanthemanc wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:47 am this is my team for saint probably not win but if told to go out there and have fun and do there best just might surprise a few people.
Hardaker
Davies
Hankinson
Gildart
Burgess
Greenwood
Worthington / Paisley
Isa
Jake Shorrocks
Escare
Navarrete
Ganson
Bullock

subs
Woods
Sammut
Kibula
Partington

I would be happy to see this team play to be honest with ourselves we are not going to win the challenge cup we aint goin to win the super league and definitely not going to old Trafford so why not give the youngsters a go
No smithies either? He’s done nothing wrong since coming in!
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

We could possibly get rid of Hamlin now but the others named are under contract so unless you can persuade someone to offer them a better job you cannot get rid of them. I cannot understand why anyone can fail to understand that simple idea. If IL wants to throw money around we could deregister players whilst still paying them but that is different.
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

I think we all understand that IL needs to pay some contracts off. But he either loses money on that or next season if we get relegated he will lose a dam sight more in sponsors and season ticket holders some he might never get back.