Shaun Edwards to stay on as Wales defence coach

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Shaun Edwards to stay on as Wales defence coach

Post by Wiganer Ted »

We don't need a new owner, the current one is doing ok given the trophies over the past number of years.
After the years of DW owning the club I think some should be careful what they wish for when suggesting a new owner.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Get the polo shirt back off him
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:30 pm Get the polo shirt back off him
:lol:
Trentcomeback

Post by Trentcomeback »

At least now we can get down to the business of appointing a coach with a top class pedigree.
Sad Shaun isn't coming, maybe it is for the best.
A great great player, but unproven in Super League.
Good luck Shaun.
Now then Radders and Ian......do your job!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Trentcomeback wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:54 pm At least now we can get down to the business of appointing a coach with a top class pedigree.
That rules Barrett out then
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:17 pm We don't need a new owner, the current one is doing ok given the trophies over the past number of years.
After the years of DW owning the club I think some should be careful what they wish for when suggesting a new owner.
Oh yes we do, we are on a downward spiral and IL is the reason.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wiganer Ted wrote:We don't need a new owner, the current one is doing ok given the trophies over the past number of years.
If what has happened under IL had happened under ML and DW you’d want the pair lynched. Neither ever approached the sheer ineptitude of the Edwards fiasco. We have had a salary cap breach, players done for off field discretions that ML would never have tolerated and our recruitment has never been worse, the club is running at a loss and selling players and then the Edwards thing.

DW and ML walked after their salary cap issue saying it was time someone else took over. Today, heads would be rolling by now in any other organisation but that can’t happen at Wigan because it is a one man band plus sidekick.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

ML walked after SC breech and especially after the C Cup semi final loss to Catalans at Wire. DW sold up after Mo left. We'd won one trophy in the ten years prior to IL buying the club. We've won plenty trophies since. What is it 8 or 9?
The club's finances are not as good as IL would want but under DW's ownership the accounts were like a financial car crash.
We could get an ego filled mega millionaire owner who treats Wigan RL like a loss making venture in their financial empire. An owner who would have to find Wigan on a map.

I'll take IL any day together with the trophies after experiencing what went before and when no one has a clue on who any likely buyer would be.
Wes

Post by Wes »

I won’t grumble over what IL has done for the club and achieved.

I also appreciate there are a very limited number of people in Wigan who could buy the club and run it well whilst not caring about half a million quid here and there going missing.

That said it can’t be a coincidence rumour circulated IL is getting his ducks in a row to sell and we stop spending under him.

He’s gone from paying fees for players to signing cheap, I understand we won’t/can’t keep all our our stars but pretty soon we won’t have any left! We have become a selling club and whilst that’s no bad thing if your buying back but we ain’t.

Paid for Bateman, Scot Taylor even Matty Smith to name a few but who was the last player we paid a fee for?

I quite like IL always stuck up for him on forums and I’m sure I will in the future but I’m at the point where I’m questioning whether his heart is still in the club?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

warriorwilliams wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:32 pm We've had Barrett and Kenny
Lockers and Hanley
Boston and Kevin Iro

No, he’s be subbed
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham