The Club's Philophosy

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: The Club's Philophosy

Post by Caboosegg »

old hooker wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:57 am Some people may believe everything they read, I am not one of them.
Isn't it classed as fraud to lie on your account submissions to companies house?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

old hooker wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:57 am Some people may believe everything they read, I am not one of them.
+1 :|
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

Some people accept evidence when they see it. Clearly you are not one of them.
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

The club has too many average players on the books, that much is clear. Hopefully if/when Lam signs as coach for 2020 he's given the licence to remove some of the deadwood and bring in suitable replacements that can play his style of rugby.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Wigan do get paid for their players loaned out.
A3:7

https://www.rugby-league.com/flipbooks/ ... .html#p=27

Referenced here in accounts for 2016
Business review. Page 2.

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/docu ... 8034b8ae81

Or do some people believe that the club are committing a criminal offence by deliberately misrepresenting their accounts as is being suggested by some posters?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Woody1989 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:18 am
That's not the way these days. Evidence and experience are things to be wary of, and likely should make you more convinced the opposite is true. Conspiracy and opinion are to be relied upon with far greater weight!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Mike wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:48 pm
Woody1989 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:18 am
That's not the way these days. Evidence and experience are things to be wary of, and likely should make you more convinced the opposite is true. Conspiracy and opinion are to be relied upon with far greater weight!
It's not just these days, Mike, twas ever thus. I think refusing to accept clear evidence when it contradicts firmly-held opinions has always been around but is being amplified by social media and used by a certain type of politician.

Samuel Beckett said in the 1600s
He that complies against his will
Is of his own opinion still
Which he may adhere to, yet disown,
For reasons to himself best known.

More familiar as "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still".

Modern psychological studies increasingly find that we decide what is "true" by what fits our narrative rather than on the basis of logic or evidence. Basically we believe what we want to believe.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

What's the saying? "Don't be confusing the issue with facts"
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

morley pie eater wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:39 pm Modern psychological studies increasingly find that we decide what is "true" by what fits our narrative rather than on the basis of logic or evidence. Basically we believe what we want to believe.
This really does ring true at the moment. I almost think that people should be taught at school to understand how there own reasoning and biases work so they are less easy to manipulate.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

BTW, I'm not saying that old hookers dislike of IL is a result of manipulation at all. Its clear that his general opinion is a reasonable response to what's been going on over the last few years, just as other opinions as valid too.

What I object to is that *everything* must fit exactly with peoples perception of whats going on - i.e. because company figures suggest we're paying to the cap, but your opinion is that IL is tight with the clubs money, therefore the club is submitting fraudulent figures.

Its perfectly possible for IL to be a bit too reluctant to bring in high profile new players, whilst at the same time paying up to the cap on the current squad. If we are paying to the cap, it doesn't mean IL is getting his recruitment right. You can still think the club is mismanaged, you don't need to refuse to believe the evidence.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐