Wigan Launch Dacia Magic Shirt

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan Launch Dacia Magic Shirt

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors and Warrington Wolves mark the 30th anniversary of their match in Milwaukee with this year’s Dacia Magic Weekend shirts.
Wigan Warriors unveil a limited-edition Dacia Magic Weekend shirt for this year’s showcase event at Anfield in May when the Warriors face Warrington Wolves in the closing game of Day One, Saturday 25 May.

The cherry red shirt with a white ‘V’ represents a piece of the club’s heritage as it marks the 30th anniversary of the Great American Challenge of 1989 when Wigan faced Warrington in Milwaukee in front of a crowd of 17,773.

The Wigan team was captained by the legendary Ellery Hanley, also featured names such as Dennis Betts, Andy Gregory and Joe Lydon. The opposition Warrington team that day was captained by Mike Gregory with the likes of Des Drummond, Paul Cullen, Les Boyd and Mark Forster in the side.

The design features subtle details to replicate the original with the font of the original collegiate style playing numbers whilst club partners Prestone have kindly changed their pantone to replicate the original ‘Norweb’ sponsorship in 1989. There is also a replica of the match logo from the historic game held in the U.S. state of Wisconsin and text at the bottom of the shirt commemorating the 30th anniversary of the game.

Both adult and children’s shirts are available to order as of tomorrow, Monday 15 April, from the Official Club Store Warriors World in the Grand Arcade and online at https://store.wiganwarriors.com/.

Adult shirts are available in sizes Small to 9XL and Ladies shirts in sizes S-XXL priced at £49.99. Junior sizes 5-6 years to 13-14 years at £37.99.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... YZMZLY8.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Re: Wigan Launch Dacia Magic Shirt

Post by medlocke »

I thought we weren't having a magic weekend shirt Josie :lol: :lol: :lol:
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Is this the first shirt in atleast 10 years just for magic weekend?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Wigan follow football clubs and others in fleecing their fans at every opportunity.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I would rather the back office spent their time and effort on recruitment, managing the players’ behaviour and sorting out a new coach than designing a new top. This may of course constitute the highlight of the season for the club at this rate.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:31 pm I would rather the back office spent their time and effort on recruitment, managing the players’ behaviour and sorting out a new coach than designing a new top. This may of course constitute the highlight of the season for the club at this rate.
morley pie eater wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:54 pm Wigan follow football clubs and others in fleecing their fans at every opportunity.
Nobody is putting a gun to anyone's head to purchase it ! Let those who do like it, make their choice in peace !

As for the "back office" spending their "time and effort designing a new top", I can guarantee it's only the Marketing/Commercial Dept of the Club that'd be involved with this specific area of retail, in conjunction with the manufacturer's, Errea. The Coaching/Playing side probably don't even know about it !! Until they wear it.

For what it's worth, a friend's son wants one for both himself and his girlfriend. If people want to spend their money on a garment that financially contributes to the Club, why not, rather than at the likes of Next, Top Shop, TK Maxx, and so on.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:54 pm Wigan follow football clubs and others in fleecing their fans at every opportunity.
Loads of rl teams do it.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:08 pm I thought we weren't having a magic weekend shirt Josie :lol: :lol: :lol:
It’s the first time ever smarty pants & it’s to commemorate the 30th Anniversary of the ‘first ever Magic Game” between Wigan & Warrington. Both clubs are involved in promoting it!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I must admit my failing memory has struggled to even remember the game from 30 years ago as for the shirt not for me if I’m honest
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Another shirt another “fleecing is” episode. Makes me laugh. Don’t buy it, simple.

Ford are releasing “another” Fiesta... moan about that! Same rules isn’t it?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame