Wigan Warriors chairman Ian Lenagan on Shaun Edwards saga, and plans for future appointment

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Wigan Warriors chairman Ian Lenagan on Shaun Edwards saga, and plans for future appointment

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:24 pm
fozzieskem wrote:While I agree with a lot of what Daveo says,Lenegan does treat us fans as mugs,in regards to the Edwards farce Edwards himself played the club for mugs,he’s certainly can’t escape criticism for such gobshitery
I don’t disagree. He could have still come but decided not to. However I agree with a previous post that said had signed he would have. The lack of a contract gave him a way out and for whatever reason he convinced himself he no longer wanted the job. Having done so there was no need to play it out in the media though perhaps he felt he needed to publicise his renewed availability but regardless of that, it does not look good and he’s burned a lot or bridges.

As to IL saying he’d have let him leave even with a signed contract, what an idiot. He’s just made it public anyone can agree to coach Wigan and keep looking for a better job! At the very least a contract would have allowed him to seek compensation so the idea he is trying to sell that it’s neither here nor there a contract was signed or not is ridiculous. It’s just more patronising excuse making.

IL needs to make at least some semblance of effort to enforce contracts or he is asking the world and his dog to take him for a ride.
As you know Dave I never thought it was a good idea or it would work given he’d been out of the game for so long but that statement took the cookie on both sides..

No time to prepare..utter BS,you weren’t ready last summer and where never likely to be so why take the job?

I’d have let him go even with a signed deal? Dear god man grow a pair and hold a man to a deal..

The pair have them have brought the sport into the public domain again for the wrong reasons and the good name of Wigan has been tarnished needlessly by this mess.

Lenegan will provide clarity they deserve?

Yea heard that before sadly the sooner he puts the club up for sale the better now,he’s in danger of loosing all respect and yet more people from going to the game by carrying on