COME ON WIGAN!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: COME ON WIGAN!

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:16 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:50 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:18 pm
On another note i know this was Hemmings swan song match but to show the commentators laughing and joking while davis is being swamped by medics and on oxygen is poor form sky
I saw that on the big screen & thought it was in poor taste.

Wishing Tom a full & speedy recovery, terrible injury 😢
And what are they supposed to do?

Don the black and play mournful music ?

They did give it enough airtime before cutting away from it,Christ seeing that foot the wrong way once was enough for me.

But yes I really hope he makes a full recovery nice lad Tom and the makings of a fine player,see you next year young man
More replays of the match, the players stood respectfully why shouldnt the commentators show a bit of respect.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:20 pm

They did give it enough airtime before cutting away from it,Christ seeing that foot the wrong way once was enough for me.

But yes I really hope he makes a full recovery nice lad Tom and the makings of a fine player,see you next year young man
More replays of the match, the players stood respectfully why shouldnt the commentators show a bit of respect.
But they did it’s a tv show,several times they paused while the medics were on and then they have to lift the mood,as I always say there’s switch that’ll turn the channel if you don’t like what’s on..I use mine all the time.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Hemmings showed more sympathy for percivals injury....... very poor on the commentary part.......also pretty disappointed with the sky cameras videoing the so called wigan walk........ ive seen saints fans walk at half time on many many occasions
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:24 pm

But they did it’s a tv show,several times they paused while the medics were on and then they have to lift the mood,as I always say there’s switch that’ll turn the channel if you don’t like what’s on..I use mine all the time.
Can't turn over the big scree in the stadium 😉.

When a player is injured in football matches you don't see the commentary laughing and joking, they play highlights or replay what caused it.

You obviously have a different opinion i just think its poor form from Sky to show it while the player is still down on the pitch and a lifeline kit was in use (the greenbags)
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

As in the last few games, it seems in attack we are totally reliant on Gildart and/or Williams coming with something out of nothing to score points. We don't dominate teams, we don't build pressure, we don't force repeat sets. Sammut is proving more of a loss than many of us would have expected, given our lack of options in the halves, obviously made worse today by Shorrocks' horrible injury. And still you could say, attack is the lesser of our problems.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:18 pm
On another note i know this was Hemmings swan song match but to show the commentators laughing and joking while davis is being swamped by medics and on oxygen is poor form sky

No! But at least give the lad the respect he deserved and show clips of the game or something, or even blank the screen as they have done for fights on occasion in the past!

It looked, although I know it wasn’t, as though they were enjoying the poor lads misery laughing & joking while both sets of fans were looking on in horror!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:24 pm

I was at the game & saw it on the big screen, so I couldn’t turn it over, I just had to look away in disgust!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:16 am

No! But at least give the lad the respect he deserved and show clips of the game or something, or even blank the screen as they have done for fights on occasion in the past!

It looked, although I know it wasn’t, as though they were enjoying the poor lads misery laughing & joking while both sets of fans were looking on in horror!
But what are they supposed to do Josie?

Linger on poor Tom for any longer than was necessary ?

Like it or not they are there to entertain not us in the ground,if you notice I rarely look at the screen too many big heads in the way so I rarely bother now,maybe they should have cut the feed to the ground we could see what was going on it didn’t need be up on the big screen.

Sky isn’t for the ground it’s for people at home simple as that and watching it back they paid him due respect,more importantly showed the wonderful medical care he got,from both sets of docs by the look of it,show the two tries to that point and then what do they do?go to advert maybe other than that they have to waffle.

I certainly didn’t realise the extent of his injury till I saw it at home,my tummy lurched when I saw it,I thought they did well gave it the right gravitas.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:55 am

Like it or not they are there to entertain not us in the ground,if you notice I rarely look at the screen too many big heads in the way so I rarely bother now,maybe they should have cut the feed to the ground we could see what was going on it didn’t need be up on the big screen.

Sky isn’t for the ground it’s for people at home simple as that and watching it back they paid him due respect,more importantly showed the wonderful medical care he got,from both sets of docs by the look of it,show the two tries to that point and then what do they do?go to advert maybe other than that they have to waffle.

I certainly didn’t realise the extent of his injury till I saw it at home,my tummy lurched when I saw it,I thought they did well gave it the right gravitas.
We are both entitled to our opinion & I thought it was in bad taste!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:59 am
fozzieskem wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:55 am

We are both entitled to our opinion & I thought it was in bad taste!
Very true,life would be boring if we all thought the same