Travesty if Lam gets the job full time

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
stanthemanc

Re: Travesty if Lam gets the job full time

Post by stanthemanc »

I would have more respect for lam if he stood up and said he’s out of his depth and resigns with immediate effect as we need a coach that can take us to where we should be and I’m not that coach
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

In many ways Lam is on a loser, he was a one year stop gap until the “messiah” returned, but the squad he was given is pants, it’s had its heart ripped out over the last few years. It’s the forwards that have suffered the most, last year Bateman got us out of so many holes by his own sheer determination, if we were stuck for ideas in thier 40 (most of the time) we gave it to Bateman who made something happen, normally a ty of half break.

This year games have been the same, we compete for 30 mins, then we rotate he forwards and switch off, we concede 2 or 3 tries in 10 mins and the game is gone, it’s been more noticeable without Powell, as Tommy also rus out of gas after 30 mins and we are easy to roll down the middle.

We were told after the roosters destroyed us in Sydney that we needed to add size to the squad, and didn’t

Lam can do little with the forwards we have, this year as many suspected is a “rebuilding” year we need to grab a few scrappy wins and stay in SL, then IL and KR have a huge rebuilding job, we are in a similar position to Man U the quality in the squad has been diluted and a lot of players who have been hiding in the shadows are needed to step up and the quality isn’t there

A lot of contracts are up this year we need to be very careful who we resign, sentiment can’t come into it
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Lazy J wrote:
A lot of contracts are up this year we need to be toothless
We already are.
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

DaveO wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:06 pm
Lazy J wrote:
We already are.
:D Damn auto correct I’ve edited it now, but we are
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
pedro

Post by pedro »

recruitment has been poor, Bullock makes a couple of good runs a game but his defence is woeful, Greenwood and Manfredi are made of biscuits, Hamlins on a 2 year holiday Isa well...Isa, Isa, Isa, he gives away more penalties in a game than he does tackles, outside the starting (poor) 17 the quality is just not there. Shorrocks has been with us for years and he isnt good enough, stealing a living, cant pass, kick or tackle. Its a total shit show and reminds me of the Millward era, signing garbage after releasing quality....people all saying it will turn around and then panic when they realise relegation is a total posibility. Were joint bottom and if we lose Monday might be rooted there, its fine though as the happy clappers will be telling us all to turn up and cheer them on, not that it makes a difference to them as they seem uninterested. God I wish I could get the money back for the Barcelona trip as its a long way to go to get embarrassed :oops:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Lazy J wrote:
DaveO wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:06 pm
Lazy J wrote:
We already are.
:D Damn auto correct I’ve edited it now, but we are
I knew you would, had to get in quick :)
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

NOT lams fault ,can you experts tell me what you think a coach can do in that situation today .
The lad as were outclassed ,second half they cruised with Monday in mind ,our lads were out on their feet.

No lack of effort but physically overwhelmed as we have been the last three games .
Lams not to blame get a grip .
The penalty count was emence and in weather like that we got found wanting but for christ sake nows the time to pull together we are what we are for whatever reason ,leave lam out of it ,its backs to the wall time show your support.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
pedro

Post by pedro »

Mickw wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:36 pm NOT lams fault ,can you experts tell me what you think a coach can do in that situation today .
The lad as were outclassed ,second half they cruised with Monday in mind ,our lads were out on their feet.

No lack of effort but physically overwhelmed as we have been the last three games .
The penalty count was emence and in weather like that we got found wanting but for christ sake nows the time to pull together we are what we are for whatever reason ,leave lam out of it ,its backs to the wall time show your support.
if we lose 8 out of then next 11 shall we panic then or say it'll be ok?
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Mickw wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:36 pm NOT lams fault ,can you experts tell me what you think a coach can do in that situation today .

So it’s NOT Lams fault for a lack of attack and defence all season bar catalans? Whose fault is it? Continually blaming injuries, players leaving or tired after “Mission Impossible” from the 90s is quite boring now. Not an excuse for crap play and tactics.

He is soo far out of his depth he makes David Moyes at United look like Paisley
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame