Travesty if Lam gets the job full time

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Re: Travesty if Lam gets the job full time

Post by Barney841 »

Worrying times ahead. I don’t think Lam is the coach for Wigan but I’d like to see other teams cope with 7 first teamers out.
Like it’s been said the club is in a shite place at the moment, the farce of the coach appointment, the way our defence has become none existent and our recruitment.
Soak it up for now and get through this season, it’s gonna be long, but I don’t think much will change until then(well maybe the performances a little when we get some of the lads back) .
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I am not sold on Lammy but I believe he has been dealt a busted flush! Bellamy would struggle to get this shower in the top 5.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Dev

Post by Dev »

Never understood the point in appointing Lam for 1 season as a ‘stop gap’ until SE was supposed to take over, he was never going to recruit the players he wanted just for 1 season which possibly SE would not want in his squad. There are far to many bang average players in the squad that are taking up space on the cap and won’t make it into the first team plans, SOL should of gone out on a high last season and joined the coaching team, what’s happening with Hamlin? Is he ever going to play for us again? If not release him and free up space!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Dev wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:37 pm Never understood the point in appointing Lam for 1 season as a ‘stop gap’ until SE was supposed to take over, he was never going to recruit the players he wanted just for 1 season which possibly SE would not want in his squad. There are far to many bang average players in the squad that are taking up space on the cap and won’t make it into the first team plans, SOL should of gone out on a high last season and joined the coaching team, what’s happening with Hamlin? Is he ever going to play for us again? If not release him and free up space!
We can’t release him until the process is concluded.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Dev wrote:Never understood the point in appointing Lam for 1 season as a ‘stop gap’ until SE was supposed to take over, he was never going to recruit the players he wanted just for 1 season which possibly SE would not want in his squad. There are far to many bang average players in the squad that are taking up space on the cap and won’t make it into the first team plans, SOL should of gone out on a high last season and joined the coaching team, what’s happening with Hamlin? Is he ever going to play for us again? If not release him and free up space!
The only reason having Lam for one season and expecting it to work was that the team coached itself. That was never going to happen when Tomkins, Bateman and even Sutton left.

It was always a risk regardless of Edwards coming or not.

He’s had no luck though with injuries. Minus the players who have left no coach with this level of injuries would be winning games.

moto748

Post by moto748 »

And now we are paying the price for the SE fiasco on the pitch. But although I agree he was dealt a bum hand, I don't think Lam can escape criticism for the standard of play we've seen.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:26 am And now we are paying the price for the SE fiasco on the pitch. But although I agree he was dealt a bum hand, I don't think Lam can escape criticism for the standard of play we've seen.
Again I agree with you,it’s a perfect storm of Lenegan folly with SE,Lam for saying yes to it in the first place and underinvestment in the side.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

I have just watched the Lam interview on Wigantv and he gives the strong impression of a man who knows how far out of his depth he is and is just waiting for his nightmare to be over.
I cannot see any improvement in the team coming as long as he is in charge.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

In all fairness to Lam he was on a loser from day one
only a 12 month contract
lack of decent players our recruitment last few years worthy of championship side
injuries
never a settled side
players past their sell by date
no decent forwards
our experienced players not stepping up
the young lads are playing their hearts out but too many in side at once
sacking the coach now will not prove anything
Dev

Post by Dev »

jaws1 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:27 am In all fairness to Lam he was on a loser from day one
only a 12 month contract
lack of decent players our recruitment last few years worthy of championship side
injuries
never a settled side
players past their sell by date
no decent forwards
our experienced players not stepping up
the young lads are playing their hearts out but too many in side at once
sacking the coach now will not prove anything
Agreed!