Enough is enough

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
stanthemanc

Enough is enough

Post by stanthemanc »

Come on IL the time has come to cut your losses and admit you got it wrong with lam and sack him today we have 3 wins from 11 games the max number of points this season for us is 30 if we win the next 11 game which by the way we are playing we will be lucky to get 2 points .with lam in charge we have gone backwards not forward’s .he will probably have flower playing the wing on Monday.please put us out of our misery and sack him he’s had enough time
Southern Softy

Re: Enough is enough

Post by Southern Softy »

I'm afraid I agree. It looks as if we don't practice the basics during the week and consequently we come up short against really straightforward teams, let alone good ones.
We have too many players who really aren't good enough - they might get carried when we are strong elsewhere but when we struggle, it shows.
Apart from breaking the bank to persuade Sam to come back, we need to get Hardaker away from full-back. He doesn't like the high ball under challenge and seems to be weak - the Roby try was embarrassing. Also Grace's second try, he simply missed him first time - wound up on the vacant wing and if he'd stayed there, Grace wouldn't have scored but instead, he wandered back towards the middle, tripped over a Wigan player and put him out of the play as well.
His attacking skills look OK so put him in the centres. It wouldn't be fair on Hankinson who had a reasonable match today but it might give us some cover at full-back with Escare - who isn't perfect.
Shorrocks (I hope he's OK - it looked awful and a straight red should have been given) isn't really good enough to be in the halves.
I'd simply write off the season - target some matches to win and plan ahead - preferably with a new coach.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Listening to WishFM a lot of our problems seem to revolve around Leuluai
not being able to last more than 20 minutes and leaving gaps in the middle of the field. Did I hear in right that after ond of our rare breaks we played the ball with no acting half back here.
Lyons was summarising as well as it was the derby but early on he remarked that 2019 Stains were like 2018 Wigan in as much as they absorb the pressure for 60 minutes then run away with it in the last 20 and that was how it turned out.
When Leuluai came back wasn't it said he was here to play for 1 year and then he was to move onto the coaching side. Why was it decided and by whom that he should play this year?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Budgie made a break - leapt up for a quick PTB and there was no one there. We don't seem to cover the basics.
endoman

Post by endoman »

First 2 sets we gave away penalties, was always an uphill struggle after that.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Too many Hail Mary passes today all season long though the basics have been forgotten but it doesn’t matter they trained well..

At some point sooner rather than later Lenegan has to stop this inertia that’s gripped Wigan and become proactive instead of reactive,that of put the club up for sale and sell it to someone who will.

Leeds won today,thankfully London lost last night this is how bad things are Wigan are relying on other clubs it seems to stop them finishing bottom

If that’s good enough then I despair
pedro

Post by pedro »

ian.birchall wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:03 pm Listening to WishFM a lot of our problems seem to revolve around Leuluai
not being able to last more than 20 minutes and leaving gaps in the middle of the field. Did I hear in right that after ond of our rare breaks we played the ball with no acting half back here.
Lyons was summarising as well as it was the derby but early on he remarked that 2019 Stains were like 2018 Wigan in as much as they absorb the pressure for 60 minutes then run away with it in the last 20 and that was how it turned out.
When Leuluai came back wasn't it said he was here to play for 1 year and then he was to move onto the coaching side. Why was it decided and by whom that he should play this year?
it was embarrassing, tommy was on his haunches in back play. Hes too unfit. Same age as Roby and well its shocking the fitness level difference. To be fair it wasnt only him. It was a shambles all over, passing from a scrum to no-one and richardson racing 60 metres. Isa just throwing the ball into touch in stead of looking where his winger was, shooting out of the line to smash people and not doing but leaving a massive gap. Penalties, penalties, penalties we really seem like the dumbest team in the league,
pedro

Post by pedro »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:12 pm Too many Hail Mary passes today all season long though the basics have been forgotten but it doesn’t matter they trained well..

At some point sooner rather than later Lenegan has to stop this inertia that’s gripped Wigan and become proactive instead of reactive,that of put the club up for sale and sell it to someone who will.

Leeds won today,thankfully London lost last night this is how bad things are Wigan are relying on other clubs it seems to stop them finishing bottom

If that’s good enough then I despair
joint bottom and if Salford take todays form into Monday we might be bottom in 3 days time.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

pedro wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:17 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:03 pm Listening to WishFM a lot of our problems seem to revolve around Leuluai
it was embarrassing, tommy was on his haunches in back play. Hes too unfit. Same age as Roby and well its shocking the fitness level difference. To be fair it wasnt only him. It was a shambles all over, passing from a scrum to no-one and richardson racing 60 metres. Isa just throwing the ball into touch in stead of looking where his winger was, shooting out of the line to smash people and not doing but leaving a massive gap. Penalties, penalties, penalties we really seem like the dumbest team in the league,
TL was out of it from the start. I 100% believe if we didnt have the issues we do injuries wise that he wouldnt have played today as he looked injured from the hooter.

All i can say is Escare must have done something to Majorily upset Lam i full expected him to play to cover hooker today bit instead we had a 80 hooker who was on 1 leg from kick off.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

stanthemanc wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:24 pm Come on IL the time has come to cut your losses and admit you got it wrong with lam and sack him today we have 3 wins from 11 games the max number of points this season for us is 30 if we win the next 11 game which by the way we are playing we will be lucky to get 2 points .with lam in charge we have gone backwards not forward’s .he will probably have flower playing the wing on Monday.please put us out of our misery and sack him he’s had enough time
Its lenegan that needs to move on.