Tom Davies

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Tom Davies

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Bad break he will be operated on in the next couple of days.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
EagleEyePie

Re: Tom Davies

Post by EagleEyePie »

Have they at least put his ankle back facing the right way? :shock:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Shattered tib & fib very long lay off ☹️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

GLTTL our luck doesn't get much better does it.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Won’t be seeing him till next year that looked far worse than Micky Macs injury a few years back
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Maybe,just maybe our wingers wouldnt kerp getting bad injuries if we stopped using them as props......... now maybe( again) were just very unlucky but imo we might as well sign big strong wingers( like tony iro etc) if we keep playing the way we do
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:08 pm Maybe,just maybe our wingers wouldnt kerp getting bad injuries if we stopped using them as props......... now maybe( again) were just very unlucky but imo we might as well sign big strong wingers( like tony iro etc) if we keep playing the way we do
I’ve said this all along! Think it was Sam Tomkins who started this off! The full back gets the ball from a kick & instead of running it to find the nearest prop, passed it out to the winger to get hammered!
Our wingers should not be used in this way, it’s crazy!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
yonmon

Post by yonmon »

Hope Tom makes a full recovery it seemed a shocking injury.
Over the last few seasons players are thrown on their backs more and more.If a player is on his knees,in a crouching position or limbo like and his torso is hit hard then the body is put into positions it does not want to go.Players need more protection when in vulnerable positions like this before someone gets their spine snapped,let alone their leg.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors' Tom Davies will return "stronger and better" from horrific injury

Tom Davies has vowed to come back "stronger and better" from his sickening Good Friday injury.

He was stretchered off with his left foot pointing the wrong way after breaking his leg during a tackle.

"I would just like to thank everyone for the messages and support over the last few days," Davies posted on social media.

"I've got a lot of good people around me in times like this and I'll be doing everything I can to come back stronger and better."

Personalities from across the game, including Anthony Gelling, Paul Sculthorpe, Barrie McDermott and Dec Patton, replied to wish him well.

And team-mate Joe Greenwood says Davies won't lack for support.

"We'll all be helping him out, we'll be backing him the whole way," said the forward. "Tom is one of my best mates at the club and I was gutted for him when he went down.

"But he was still in good spirits on the gas and air, giving it the old, 'Strap me up, I'll carry on', even though his leg was facing the wrong way."

Coach Adrian Lam suggested afterwards he may be back within three months but will know a more detailed timeframe in the next few days. Liam Marshall is set to replace him on the wing, starting with Monday's game at Salford.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan- ... -1-9724541