Jake Shorrocks

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
doc

Re: Jake Shorrocks

Post by doc »

Should get at least 4, preferably 8.

Hope Shorrocks is OK as he has had terrible luck with injuries over the last couple of years.

Real problems at scrumhalf/hooker for Monday with Sammut injured and Powell banned.

Also issues with wing with 3 out of 4 injured.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Marshy will be back on Monday & I’d definitely have Escare inmthe squad
Today would have been ideal for him with it being a fast pitch.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

Give Escare a go at scrum half let him take on the line. Question is will Tommy be fit and even if he is he cant manage 80 minutes. Or give Harry Smith a go if he is good enough he is old enough
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Hope to see Harry Smith given his chance on Monday

According to Cummins there wasn’t any contact with the head which I have to say is probably right,jake seemed to get a dose of whiplash from the tackle..

I don’t know we shall see
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:20 pm Hope to see Harry Smith given his chance on Monday

According to Cummins there wasn’t any contact with the head which I have to say is probably right,jake seemed to get a dose of whiplash from the tackle..

You call that a tackle?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:03 pm Marshy will be back on Monday & I’d definitely have Escare inmthe squad
I disagree Josie, he would have been playing behind a well beaten pack. Lomax had a field day.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:03 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:20 pm Hope to see Harry Smith given his chance on Monday

You call that a tackle?
I didn’t,Stuart Cummings did and he knows these things more than I

Just don’t expect anything more ban wise from it to be honest but we shall see.

It was unnecessary really the game was over and it was petulance that lead to young Jake being in hospital
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:06 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:03 pm Marshy will be back on Monday & I’d definitely have Escare inmthe squad
I disagree Josie, he would have been playing behind a well beaten pack. Lomax had a field day.
Completely agree with you
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

No bloody wonder everyone's gone off to Facebook, unbelievable.
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

Peyroux should get a ban, although I can't see it being a particularly long one. There didn't seem to be any contact to the head, but it's not shoulder charges with contact to the head that have been banned, it's all shoulder charges. The reason is because they carry an unacceptable risk of injury. Just like canonball tackles, high tackles or any other type of tackle that carries a ban. So making a shoulder charge probably won't result in a ban on review, but since injuries are a aggravating factor then Peyroux should receive a ban.

We've just seen exactly why shoulder charges are banned and why they were right to do so.