Forward Pack

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Forward Pack

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:42 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:39 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:36 pm Many on here, myself included, thought that Wane's style of play was detrimental to our forwards. I.e. No running in pairs, leg drives, offloads, hitting the gaps/angles...

Was he adapting his style to the players he had or has Wane and now Lam missed a trick
its a good point...... i wudda loved lam to come earlier( when wane was here) and just concentrate on our attack..... maybe would have made a difference....... we will probably never know
What evidence do we have that Lam is a good attacking coach?

Biggest losses we had was Deacon and Harris. I distinctly remember noticeable changes to our attack.
I agree but lam says he would improve our attack....... i just think theres too much going on at our club for him to just improve one thing....... like i said we will probably never know........just need the win big time tomoz
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:45 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:39 pm its a good point...... i wudda loved lam to come earlier( when wane was here) and just concentrate on our attack..... maybe would have made a difference....... we will probably never know

Biggest losses we had was Deacon and Harris. I distinctly remember noticeable changes to our attack.
I agree but lam says he would improve our attack....... i just think theres too much going on at our club for him to just improve one thing....... like i said we will probably never know........just need the win big time tomoz
I think he made that comment as a sweeping statement based on the style of play we had and dismay from the fans. I think any coach would have made the same.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:53 pm

I think he made that comment as a sweeping statement based on the style of play we had and dismay from the fans. I think any coach would have made the same.
we have definately gone back to just attacking the right edge...... i thought we were finally clicking at cas until sammut went off........ be interesting to see which winger plays where tomorrow
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:00 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:53 pm
we have definately gone back to just attacking the right edge...... i thought we were finally clicking at cas until sammut went off........ be interesting to see which winger plays where tomorrow
Imo it would be daft to split Gilly and Budgie (Gildart & Burgess for those who don't do nicknames). The understanding between them, developed since they were juniors, is a major reason why our left edge attack has been one of the few plusses this year.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐