Gilly

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Gilly

Post by Wiganer Ted »

All IL has to do is hold them to their contracts. Ok, if they go then we don't get a fee but it could allow time to find replacements. It might be considered good business if we got a fee then had to pay a fee for a Marquee replacement.
With the salaries the NRL can pay it will be very difficult to hold on to players if they are determined to leave.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:31 pm All IL has to do is hold them to their contracts. Ok, if they go then we don't get a fee but it could allow time to find replacements. It might be considered good business if we got a fee then had to pay a fee for a Marquee replacement.
With the salaries the NRL can pay it will be very difficult to hold on to players if they are determined to leave.
Trouble is time and again Lenegan has let them leave so it’s become much easier to go,Leeds,wire,Saints they don’t have trouble keeping hold of their homegrown talent yet Wigan do
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

If we are not careful we will be lucky to have a team who can compete in the championship next year
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:13 am
Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:31 pm All IL has to do is hold them to their contracts. Ok, if they go then we don't get a fee but it could allow time to find replacements. It might be considered good business if we got a fee then had to pay a fee for a Marquee replacement.
Trouble is time and again Lenegan has let them leave so it’s become much easier to go,Leeds,wire,Saints they don’t have trouble keeping hold of their homegrown talent yet Wigan do
Wire do have issues holding onto their youth.... its ours that they manage to keep hold off 🤣.

On that note if budgie goes can we get charnley back. I miss the lancashire Ryan Hall 🤣
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:32 am
Wire do have issues holding onto their youth.... its ours that they manage to keep hold off 🤣.

On that note if budgie goes can we get charnley back. I miss the lancashire Ryan Hall 🤣
I know Charnley gets stick but he’s that rare beast that went to union and came back unscathed,yea I miss him too.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Cant see gildart getting first team with canberras two centres
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:29 pm

I know Charnley gets stick but he’s that rare beast that went to union and came back unscathed,yea I miss him too.
No chance we can’t afford him
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Think Gildarts missus finishes a degree this summer too so may be a green light tick box
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Not the same player who left. combo of Union, ankle injuries and packing on the muscle. Wouldn't be worth the cap space.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
doc

Post by doc »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:30 pm

Not the same player who left. combo of Union, ankle injuries and packing on the muscle. Wouldn't be worth the cap space.
And despite that he's still joint leading try scorer in SL.