Sarginson

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Longstanding

Sarginson

Post by Longstanding »

Why is Sarginson unfit for selection?.
ancientnloyal

Re: Sarginson

Post by ancientnloyal »

Because he is unfit
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Won't be missed.I spoke to a Wigan fan in Florida several years ago who had me on that Wigan swapped him for a rubbish bin and and we got the best of the deal
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Your having a laugh do you go to any games was badly missed yesterday and as been one of the best performers this season his defence as been spot on. If you want to have a dig look no further than halfbacks and hooker worst 3 partener ship I have seen in many a year and a coach completly deft of attacking and defensive ideas.the sad thing is this is just the start of the rot
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:23 pm Your having a laugh do you go to any games was badly missed yesterday and as been one of the best performers this season his defence as been spot on. If you want to have a dig look no further than halfbacks and hooker worst 3 partener ship I have seen in many a year and a coach completly deft of attacking and defensive ideas.the sad thing is this is just the start of the rot
Yes that's true. The amount of work he's done this season taking up the ball in the middle to spell the workload of our depleted forward pack is immense - and yet only noticed when he's not there, like yesterday. That's amongst the hardest part for our defense to get right, because in most matches our pack has been second best, so the value Sarge puts in down the middle is probably valued more by the players themselves than by some of the fans and he was certainly missed. In our 40m area, I'd say he takes the ball up more than any other back, including the wingers, and he's not the biggest physically to be doing that, so it's no wonder he collects an injury.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Tried hard and does take up a lot of runs but his defence isn't good enough, he never passes to his winger and lacks rugby league IQ.

What are his try/assist numbers since being back at Wigan,? I don't know them but guessing he's never near the to centres in that department.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Hands up how many where happy when he left for Australia
Hands up how many where happy when he came back
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Pulled his hamstring in the warm up v Saints.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Nothing makes me more depressed about the state of Wigan when people are saying Sarge is a massive loss
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:50 am Nothing makes me more depressed about the state of Wigan when people are saying Sarge is a massive loss
Your not wrong there, Fans couldn't wait to see the back of him when he left, Now some are calling him as a massive loss, You couldn't make it up