Sarginson

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Sarginson

Post by pedro »

medlocke wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:11 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:50 am Nothing makes me more depressed about the state of Wigan when people are saying Sarge is a massive loss
Your not wrong there, Fans couldn't wait to see the back of him when he left, Now some are calling him as a massive loss, You couldn't make it up
we had better cover when he left, we dont now
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

pedro wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:13 pm
medlocke wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:11 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:50 am Nothing makes me more depressed about the state of Wigan when people are saying Sarge is a massive loss
Your not wrong there, Fans couldn't wait to see the back of him when he left, Now some are calling him as a massive loss, You couldn't make it up
we had better cover when he left, we dont now
are you referring to gelling?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

i really don't get this slagging off of Sarginson, in a capped sport you need players who can fit into holes, sarge can play wing, centre or fullback, hes not word class in any, but is good in all.

you need players like sarge, he brings flexibility, in many ways hes your ideal back to have on the bench, hes our version of Stefan Ratchford
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Lazy J wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:29 pm i really don't get this slagging off of Sarginson, in a capped sport you need players who can fit into holes, sarge can play wing, centre or fullback, hes not word class in any, but is good in all.

you need players like sarge, he brings flexibility, in many ways hes your ideal back to have on the bench, hes our version of Stefan Ratchford
He is a first team centre. A position we do not really have good competition for so at the moment his utility is useless.

It isn't really favourable to have a back on the bench, especially given the reduction in interchanges. Ask Morgan Escare.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Lazy J wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:29 pm you need players like sarge, he brings flexibility, in many ways hes your ideal back to have on the bench, hes our version of Stefan Ratchford
I've not got a problem with that, but the thing is when he's fit he'll be straight back in the team, Hardaker will be back to full back and Escare back in the stands.

And as for helping out the forwards taking the ball in, then thats maybe why we aren't making any ground. Salford wings and centres didn't take it in yesterday, but they made 80 meters most sets.

I want a centre like Renouf or Carmont, not just a good worker.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:49 pm
Lazy J wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:29 pm i really don't get this slagging off of Sarginson, in a capped sport you need players who can fit into holes, sarge can play wing, centre or fullback, hes not word class in any, but is good in all.

He is a first team centre. A position we do not really have good competition for so at the moment his utility is useless.

It isn't really favourable to have a back on the bench, especially given the reduction in interchanges. Ask Morgan Escare.
This.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

First Try Tickle wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:55 pm
Lazy J wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:29 pm you need players like sarge, he brings flexibility, in many ways hes your ideal back to have on the bench, hes our version of Stefan Ratchford
I've not got a problem with that, but the thing is when he's fit he'll be straight back in the team, Hardaker will be back to full back and Escare back in the stands.

And as for helping out the forwards taking the ball in, then thats maybe why we aren't making any ground. Salford wings and centres didn't take it in yesterday, but they made 80 meters most sets.

We’ve got one, but he will probably be going to Australia!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:02 pm We’ve got one, but he will probably be going to Australia!
I'm worried the way they are playing Canberra might take all 3 of Williams, Gildart and Budgie.

Then they will all be telling Greenwood he should give it another go.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

This
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Don't we all, but how feasible is that?