Sarginson

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Sarginson

Post by medlocke »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:09 pm
medlocke wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:50 pm
pearsy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:27 pm You are right again meds.Wish we could find a Garry Connoly or a Inga those where the days
I would be happy with a George Carmont
Goulding for me. Always thought he was very underrated and played well above his weight.

Thought he was a solid centre who did the basics right.
Was never a fan, Always thought he was a bit of a glory hound, Wanting to score the winning try rather than pass to his winger, But that's just me, However he would be vastly superior to Sargey
pedro

Post by pedro »

Goulding was a great centre
jobo

Post by jobo »

pedro wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:59 am Goulding was a great centre
+1
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Goulding was good because we had halves and a fullback who could attack and create down that side( something we really struggle to do with our current players).......... going back to the sarge/ gels thing........ i saw hardaker beat a man and outpace the defence,at salford....... something that gels or sarge never do...... he was also better than both defensively
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote:
Gelling would fit in any SL side. He isnt as bad as some people try to claim.
No he wouldn’t and yes he is as bad as people make out. He came as a project player and he made zero improvement for all his time here.

His brain farts were ridiculous at times. If we had him now given the way our defence is all over the place his regular shooting out of the line and missing would have cost us more points conceded of that I am certain. Attack wise he rarely looked good against the better teams and it is against them he’d do something stupid as he tried to make up for the fact he was getting nowhere in general.

Him walking out on us was no loss. If we really went for him again the club was being stupid. Apart from the fact he just isn’t good enough to warrant the interest the way he left with claims his girlfriends car accident meant he had to return to NZ such that he needed releasing from his Wigan contract was just untrue. She was a bit battered and bruised not at deaths door. He basically walked out and so his bridges should have been well and truly burnt.

It would not however surprise me if he was offered a place. It’s the kind of lazy recruitment that lumbered us with Sarge when Gelling walked out Wigan now engage in.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

medlocke wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:40 pm
medlocke wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:50 pm

I would be happy with a George Carmont
Goulding for me. Always thought he was very underrated and played well above his weight.

Was never a fan, Always thought he was a bit of a glory hound, Wanting to score the winning try rather than pass to his winger, But that's just me, However he would be vastly superior to Sargey
Would be interesting to see his try and assist record when he was a first team player. From memory I disagree with your point.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:45 pm

Would be interesting to see his try and assist record when he was a first team player. From memory I disagree with your point.
I believe Charnley owed alot of his tries to the goulding partnership.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:16 pm
Ah, That old argument, Are you sure it wasn't down to Sam Tomkins
pedro

Post by pedro »

medlocke wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:12 pm

nope deffo Goulding
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

pedro wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:54 pm
medlocke wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:12 pm

nope deffo Goulding
Was deffo Tomkins, Many posters on here at the time came to the same conclusion, That's when I read it first