3 return for cas

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: 3 return for cas

Post by morley pie eater »

More stats:

TACKLES: Isa 53, Powell 52, Flower 36, Smithies 36, Greenwood 32, Bullock 31.

METRES: Hardaker 142, Marshall 136, Greenwood 101 Gildart 97, Lockers 92, Burgess 80.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Shaun Wane Legend wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:17 pm Well well well Sam Powell scores the winning try for Wigan, so glad I’m not one of the constant detractors. Well done Sam! You might not be the most skilful of players but you always give 100% in the Wigan shirt.
Some people always think the grass is greener on the other side. Careful what you wish for. Same goes for Sarge & Tautai.
Whilst I can see the arguments for Sam (solid defence) and Sarginson (tries hard, good meters, not the worst), but Tautai? Really? Has ever had more than a couple of good games in a season?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Shaun Wane Legend wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:17 pm Well well well Sam Powell scores the winning try for Wigan, so glad I’m not one of the constant detractors. Well done Sam! You might not be the most skilful of players but you always give 100% in the Wigan shirt.
Some people always think the grass is greener on the other side. Careful what you wish for. Same goes for Sarge & Tautai.
Is that you Martin?
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

It wasn't just his try, but his tackle on Matautia in the 2nd half was a pivotal moment in the game.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

No straw damn us wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:15 pm It wasn't just his try, but his tackle on Matautia in the 2nd half was a pivotal moment in the game.
On that alone we should hand him the Man of Steel award
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Credit were credit due, powell had a good game. Al never be his biggest fan though and believe we could do with a more dangerous hooker who can scoot fast and pass the ball well, thinga sadly sam can't
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

No straw damn us wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:15 pm It wasn't just his try, but his tackle on Matautia in the 2nd half was a pivotal moment in the game.
Pivotal?

I tell you the most pivotal point of the game. A clearly injured Gildart getting back to complete the try saving tackle on Eden five minutes from time

As for Powell. Fresh player from the Easter fixtures, match played in dreadful conditions (that I had to have a hot bath to warm up from after getting home), not one single stand out player due to said conditions yet everyone thinks Powell was "great"

I think everyone was dragged down to his level by the fixtures and conditions rather than he was particularity great on the pitch. Like I said before, he offers tackles but when he scored, it appeared that he was looking for options and when he noticed the Cas players hang off him, he charged over. Just a sloppy period for Cas defensively when throughout the game they pretty well out muscled us down the middle.

As for the penalties, couldn't see the first Cas got, I knew at the time and said the Cas player threw the ball away for the second penalty. With two minutes to half time and twenty yards from our line that player had little to lose and the Referee fell for it. Rules got changed due to Casteford cheating and here again. I would like to see players receive an automatic one game ban every time they are seen deliberately coning refs in this way. Soon see it stopped. "Refs are cleaning up the ruck's" my arse Daryl Powell :twisted:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: