3 return for cas

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: 3 return for cas

Post by Firestarter »

THE JUDGE wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:11 am
Firestarter wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:00 pm Brian carney said they had loads of injuries and we only had a couple...... another ex wigan player who im slowly starting to dislike..... we had 8 out who i can think ov straight away
I maybe wrong, but I have thought for a long time, that Carney has some issues with Wigan. It may be from his playing days, I`m not sure,
but along with the now retired `Eddie the Eagle` he does come across as anti Wigan
yea i agree he defo has an issue with wigan and sometimes phil clarke when he defends wigan....... terry oconner didnt seem best pleased with clarkey post match
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:00 pm Brian carney said they had loads of injuries and we only had a couple...... another ex wigan player who im slowly starting to dislike..... we had 8 out who i can think ov straight away
I maybe wrong, but I have thought for a long time, that Carney has some issues with Wigan. It may be from his playing days, I`m not sure,
but along with the now retired `Eddie the Eagle` he does come across as anti Wigan
Comes across as very bitter.

I personally don’t like him. Find him very annoying, arrogant, unlikable.

Loved him as a player though.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:17 am
yea i agree he defo has an issue with wigan and sometimes phil clarke when he defends wigan....... terry oconner didnt seem best pleased with clarkey post match
What happened?

Phil Clarke does my head in. Comes across as such a simpleton talking about rubbish. If somebody who didn’t know him turned on the channel and listened to the rubbish he comes out with, they would laugh.

Best one was when he used to talk about all the stats and come up with what the score should be. What a waste. Imagine the Premier League saying it should be 3-0 at half time because of the shots on target. Would never happen.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:37 am
What happened?

Phil Clarke does my head in. Comes across as such a simpleton talking about rubbish. If somebody who didn’t know him turned on the channel and listened to the rubbish he comes out with, they would laugh.

Best one was when he used to talk about all the stats and come up with what the score should be. What a waste. Imagine the Premier League saying it should be 3-0 at half time because of the shots on target. Would never happen.
clarkey got on one about them bringing in the new rule mid season........he kept going on about it which seemed to annoy tez....... tez then said youve had a bad day phil in a nasty manner....... i think clarkey gets under the other presenters skins
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:04 am
Levrier wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:46 pm I think that something went wrong with my glasses because everything was in slow-motion. Some have described Powell's try as a scoot but I saw it as more of a trundle.
Give the lad a break, he was our best player.
More a comment on the conditions. Matautia was able to close Budgie down in what should have been a stroll in and Powell did not look off the pace at all. The big worry is how little ground we were making through the forwards whilst their forwards seemed to be going forward with ease. There was just no platform to launch the backs from.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Sam Powell came on after twenty minutes, made 52 tackles (only Isa made more with 53), scored the winning try and kicked well, m.o.m by a mile.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:50 am
Firestarter wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:17 am yea i agree he defo has an issue with wigan and sometimes phil clarke when he defends wigan....... terry oconner didnt seem best pleased with clarkey post match
What happened?

clarkey got on one about them bringing in the new rule mid season........he kept going on about it which seemed to annoy tez....... tez then said youve had a bad day phil in a nasty manner....... i think clarkey gets under the other presenters skins
I think it’s a great thing to bring in the rule. It’s no nonsense and to the point. Barely a ground breaking change that’s going to require training and practice to implement.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

No straw damn us wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:04 am Sam Powell came on after twenty minutes, made 52 tackles (only Isa made more with 53), scored the winning try and kicked well, m.o.m by a mile.
You are right, credit where credits due he was very good.
Shaun Wane Legend

Post by Shaun Wane Legend »

Well well well Sam Powell scores the winning try for Wigan, so glad I’m not one of the constant detractors. Well done Sam! You might not be the most skilful of players but you always give 100% in the Wigan shirt.
Some people always think the grass is greener on the other side. Careful what you wish for. Same goes for Sarge & Tautai.
pedro

Post by pedro »

What happened?

Yeah they do that on motd now