Adrian Lam reveals he wants to stay on as Wigan Warriors coach

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Adrian Lam reveals he wants to stay on as Wigan Warriors coach

Post by Firestarter »

We need next seasons coach sorting asap...... maybe then he can see who we need to sign/release before all the other clubs beat us to the punch
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:57 pm We need next seasons coach sorting asap...... maybe then he can see who we need to sign/release before all the other clubs beat us to the punch
Well if Lam is considered to be a serious contender it should not be sorted ASAP because if it was and he got the job, the club would be giving the job to an unproven coach. So if the club is seriously considering him for the job it needs to see if he can do it even if it has other names on the list. It will take time for Lam to prove one way or the other if he should remain on the shortlist.

So if you want the coach sorted ASAP you had better hope the club is about to sign a different and already proven coach.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Sign Lam up asap for next season with an option for a further 2 seasons on the condition that we have a successful 2020 (either a CC final, Top 5 finish, SL GF), We then get the stability we need asap and can start a rebuild, If he fails then he is gone
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

As it would appear from the posts on this thread Adrian Lam will be given the Coaches spot at the Warriors, for at least next season if not longer. If this does come to pass, he needs, as a matter of urgency to tackle the issue the teams fitness. Our first team players look blown within the first 25 minutes, walking back into position instead of running, they have their hands on their knees, bent forward gasping for air.

This was not the situation when Mark Bitcon was the Performance Director, in charge of the squads fitness. We now have a Physio and Paul Johnson who have been giving the task of the squads fitness. It is clear that despite their best efforts they are not able to have our squad maintain their fitness levels approaching anything near the level of last season. Improved fitness will help to win games, where puffing and panting within 20-25 minutes, which make defending and winning the game very hard. It is imperative that a Performance Director, who knows his job, is appointed sooner rather than later.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I am going to nail my colours to the mast, I don't want Lam. I want a proven coach from the NRL.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:30 pm I am going to nail my colours to the mast, I don't want Lam. I want a proven coach from the NRL.
I'm happy for you :D