Massive honour: Gildart

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Massive honour: Gildart

Post by josie andrews »

Oliver Gildart looks ahead to Wigan’s Betfred Super League game vs Castleford Tigers

Gildart will make his 100th appearance for Wigan if selected on Saturday

Wigan Warriors vs Castleford Tigers, Saturday 27th April, kick-off 5:15pm

Wigan Warriors centre Oliver Gildart believes it’s a massive honour to be able to play for Wigan Warriors as he prepairs to make his 100th appearance for the Club against Castleford this weekend.

Wigan head into this weekend off the back of a dramatic victory on Easter Monday away to Salford Red Devils. On the win, Gildart said, “It was massive for us. No matter how we won against Salford we needed to get the W and we did so hopefully it’s a big turning point for us to crack on and get a few games rolling and start the back end of the season strong.”

Saturday’s Betfred Super League game against Castelford Tigers will mark Gildart’s 100th for Wigan Warriors.

The 22 year-old made his debut back in 2015 away to Warrington Wolves, a game in which has also scored his first try for Wigan.

On making 100 appearances: “It feels more like my 300th [joked], but it’s a massive honour to play one game at Wigan, so to do 100 already is pretty special.

“I’m made up that it’s at the DW, the home stadium. Hopefully it’ll be a good turn out as well against Castleford and hopefully I’ll have a good performance as well.”

Castleford Tigers will arrive at the DW Stadium off the back of a tough 37-16 defeat to Catalans Dragons on Easter Monday. Despite this, Gildart explained that he doesn’t expect an easy ride on Saturday.

“It’s another tough game, I think we know how to beat them, we showed that in the first half last time we played them just a few weeks ago.

“Hopefully we can perform like that again but see it out for the full 80 minutes. If we’re able to do that, then we will be able to get the season rolling.”

The Tigers managed to overcome the Warriors last time around by exploiting the Wigan middle, which has been the cause of a number of tries in recent weeks against the Cherry and Whites.

The 22 year-old explained that he and his teammates must expect a similar line of attack from the Yorkshire side this weekend.

“If you’re Castleford you’re gonna come at it again. They got quite a bit of joy last time. It’s a big wrap on our middle this week to sort that out. We need to take it personally and I like to think we will.”

image: https://www.wiganwarriors.com/admin/res ... 61px-3.jpg

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... 9P2Dcsw.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Shaun Wane Legend

Re: Massive honour: Gildart

Post by Shaun Wane Legend »

One of our best players which sadly means he’s off to the NRL. So frustrating to lose our players. No doubt Williams, Greenwood & Burgess will be on their way too :roll: :roll:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Shaun Wane Legend wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:26 am One of our best players which sadly means he’s off to the NRL. So frustrating to lose our players. No doubt Williams, Greenwood & Burgess will be on their way too :roll: :roll:
No need to worry, We still have Powell
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Till a price offer for him, heard cleaners for sale on Facebook Marketplace :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Dev

Post by Dev »

medlocke wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:56 am
Shaun Wane Legend wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:26 am One of our best players which sadly means he’s off to the NRL. So frustrating to lose our players. No doubt Williams, Greenwood & Burgess will be on their way too :roll: :roll:
No need to worry, We still have Powell
And Tautai
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Don't forget Dan the man and Isa
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Paul Koloi Legend.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I wonder how massive of an honour it will be when an NRL club comes a knocking, My guess is it won't count for shit :roll: :D
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

It’s just click bait really I am sure players don’t think about low numbers like this.

If you’re getting on for 4-500 games then yeh it’s an honour. If you get on for 300 tries, that’s an honour.

It’s usually something people in rumour mills say before they leave either put on by the club or themselves.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
nitsua

Post by nitsua »

medlocke wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:45 pm I wonder how massive of an honour it will be when an NRL club comes a knocking, My guess is it won't count for shit :roll: :D
Well said!! My thoughts entirely. :(