Hardaker

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Hardaker

Post by Firestarter »

I got a pic ov his hand on ball......100% a-try no matter how many times i watch it....... dont know how to put it on here though unfortunately......... its history now but im sure the vid ref cudda looked more closely
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

You know, this bringing on Escare as Leeds used to do with Burrows to run at tired defences I understand. Only problem is that Burrows was a halfback and Escare a full back. How much Escare could really run at a "tired" defence is anyone's guess
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:00 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:02 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:17 pm

Sounds so easy doesn't it.

What position?
Fullback moving Zak to Centre on the right edge.

That way you suddenly end up with a dangerous right and left edge vs a tired defence
And weaker at FB
He wasn’t weaker when he played consistently, when he replaced the self inflicted injured Sam Tomkins!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

We looked better at Salford when Zak was at right centre. Also when Hankinson was right 2nd row it looked a sizeable force. Escare offers pace and that unpredictability to opposition defences.
For too long our attack has been predictable going down our left side. The winning try v Salford was what can happen when we have a real attacking threat on our right.
Interesting to see how Lam goes tonight as at some point I'd have thought he'd want to try something out prior to the Wire cup game.
pedro

Post by pedro »

josie andrews wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:48 am

That way you suddenly end up with a dangerous right and left edge vs a tired defence
And weaker at FB
He wasn’t weaker when he played consistently, when he replaced the self inflicted injured Sam Tomkins!
self inflicted?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pedro wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:11 am

And weaker at FB
self inflicted?
Didn’t he kick a concrete decorative ball & broke his foot?, just after he’d had his knee repaired again! That was the story doing the rounds at the time!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
pedro

Post by pedro »

josie andrews wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:53 am

self inflicted?
Didn’t he kick a concrete decorative ball & broke his foot?, just after he’d had his knee repaired again! That was the story doing the rounds at the time!
thought his mate rugby tackled him and broke his ankle, his foot was damaged during the game v wire I think
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pedro wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:45 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:53 am
self inflicted?
thought his mate rugby tackled him and broke his ankle, his foot was damaged during the game v wire I think
That’s not the story I was told 😊 makes no never mind, he’s not here any more
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

And weaker at FB
Thought it was Sarginson that played full back at that time Sam got himself hurt?
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:17 pm
captinjack wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:24 pm

Morgan should be used as Rhinos used Burrows. Bring him on when the opposition is tired with 15minutes to go in each half. He has speed and could open defences up.
Sounds so easy doesn't it.

What position?

Rob Burrow did most of his damage at 9 or 7.

Fullback often receives the ball outwide as 3rd receiver so it isn't a like for like comparison.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."