Hardaker

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Hardaker

Post by fozzieskem »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:53 pm He had it all in gear at Salford.
I preferred Zak at centre for Cas but seeing the weather Lam's selection was the best available in the circumstances. Hope he's back at centre for London with Escare at fb.
Perhaps Hankinson will revert to second row off the bench.
Sorry while I understand your opinion Hardaker is leagues better at FB than Escare will ever be it’s be for a game or two at best,ironically while I have no real opinion over Escare other than to say he’s a bits and bob type player he should have had a couple of games early doors so Hardaker could play himself into the side,but now Zak is getting better each game I don’t see where Escare can fit
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:27 am
I preferred Zak at centre for Cas but seeing the weather Lam's selection was the best available in the circumstances. Hope he's back at centre for London with Escare at fb.
Sorry while I understand your opinion Hardaker is leagues better at FB than Escare will ever be it’s be for a game or two at best,ironically while I have no real opinion over Escare other than to say he’s a bits and bob type player he should have had a couple of games early doors so Hardaker could play himself into the side,but now Zak is getting better each game I don’t see where Escare can fit
Im sorry but i disagree, zak defense is leagues above Escare but hes been lazy at collecting the ball and his best attack stint has been at centre.

Escare is still giving more attack threat from Fullback.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:41 am
Im sorry but i disagree, zak defense is leagues above Escare but hes been lazy at collecting the ball and his best attack stint has been at centre.

Escare is still giving more attack threat from Fullback.
he just wont as there is no space being created for him. Zak is a better runner than Escare, maybe not as fast but hits better lines and has a better rugby brain
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Hardaker will never get back to how he was until the pack start dominating and there is room out wide.

Unfortunately playing with only 3 props, one of which is TT, we are always going to struggle. Ok we have a couple of injuries, but both Club and Navarette have had a poor start to the season. Add this to Faz being out and Lockers struggling and I think we need to look at bringing someone in, even the likes of Amor on loan.
TWO EYED WARRIOR

Post by TWO EYED WARRIOR »

Been good recently.

Cant expect him to do the same as Tomkins from Full back, totally different players

Played very well at centre and is IMO his best position
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

He is defensively better than Sam Tomkins
moto748

Post by moto748 »

On TV recently, can't remember where exactly, probably The Superleague Show, ZH was described as "athletic".

I thought, if there's one word that doesn't describe him... He looks laboured to me. I've seen comments elsewhere to the effect that he is carrying too much weight, maybe he is. And I don't think 'playing behind a beaten pack' totally excuses him; he's not a half, after all. is it too much to ask of a full-back that, bringing the ball out of defence, he at least sometimes beats the first defender?
pedro

Post by pedro »

moto748 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:34 pm On TV recently, can't remember where exactly, probably The Superleague Show, ZH was described as "athletic".

I thought, if there's one word that doesn't describe him... He looks laboured to me. I've seen comments elsewhere to the effect that he is carrying too much weight, maybe he is. And I don't think 'playing behind a beaten pack' totally excuses him; he's not a half, after all. is it too much to ask of a full-back that, bringing the ball out of defence, he at least sometimes beats the first defender?
doesnt matter where he plays, if its behind a beaten back hes onto a loser
bertina

Post by bertina »

moto748 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:34 pm On TV recently, can't remember where exactly, probably The Superleague Show, ZH was described as "athletic".

At least he will bring the ball out from full back. Sam Tomkins avoided doing that for the whole of last season.
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Morgan should be used as Rhinos used Burrows. Bring him on when the opposition is tired with 15minutes to go in each half. He has speed and could open defences up.