Liam Byrne and the Other Fringe Players

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Liam Byrne and the Other Fringe Players

Post by fozzieskem »

While none impressed at all in the Toronto Swinton game it was men against boys really,maybe a little harsh to judge them on?
pedro

Post by pedro »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:03 pm While none impressed at all in the Toronto Swinton game it was men against boys really,maybe a little harsh to judge them on?
not really, Smithies and a few lads at saints are showing age isnt really the issue
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

pedro wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:33 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:03 pm While none impressed at all in the Toronto Swinton game it was men against boys really,maybe a little harsh to judge them on?
not really, Smithies and a few lads at saints are showing age isnt really the issue
Again though you’re comparing Swinton to saints? World of difference Toronto didn’t break sweat really the other day because Swinton are a poor side,that they’re a poor side with Wigan players in it is perhaps damning
pedro

Post by pedro »

no im saying they arent boys, saints and wigan are playing lads in their frrst team at the same age and are holding their own. They arent being carried, but the other lads arent competing or doing very well in the championship, same could be said for woods and kabula
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Jack Wells looked unfit v Toronto but thought Smith looked OK, lots of effort and good decision making behind a beaten pack.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

pedro wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:24 pm no im saying they arent boys, saints and wigan are playing lads in their frrst team at the same age and are holding their own. They arent being carried, but the other lads arent competing or doing very well in the championship, same could be said for woods and kabula
Not disagreeing with you, just playing the devils advocate,anway plenty of times I keep seeing names thrown around,kibula being a prime example he doesn't look like he will make the jump, still time but for me he's almost afraid to use his size to his advantages admit to seeing him (this season at least) only when Dewsbury played you guessed it the Wolfpack..he look out of his depth then too.

I think what I'm trying to say is simple at the moment sky choose only the Wolfpack games to be shown on tv,theyre like the Harlem globetrotters with their all stars (mostly),you simply cant judge how well these wigan lads are doing against this opposition is all.