Just hope this is tittle tattle!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Just hope this is tittle tattle!!

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Joe Burgess said at the time he was at Souths that he regretted re-signing for Wigan at that time. Sydney Roosters didn't take to him or him to them. Souths was another matter and he said in the Aussie media at the time that he would honour the contract he had signed with Wigan but that he would have stayed at Souths if no deal had been forthcoming

Sarginson probably returned on really good money after being released early from Gold Coast and I doubt he would take a cut to stay

Partington's stats were dreadful against Castleford but is still a surprise. The rest have all been at the club for some time and don't look like they are SL quality players, most will probably make a great career at championship level.

It's just simply the time to call an end to this pandering to keep as many players on at Wigan as possible to the detriment of the first team. Tough times call for tough decisions and this looks like one of those times
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

The article says that the email advising clubs was not sent by the Warriors.
So therefore, one can only deduce that the club is not offering them around but has simply not finalised contracts thus far.
The article does say that the club has options to extend deals on four of the seven.
So who gave the non story to TotalRL?
Guesses anyone?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I’ve no doubt there’s some truth to the story..has Burgess been a success since his return?

He’s picked up injury after injury and when he’s played he doesn’t seem to be enjoying his rugby,yes scores for fun,add to that the club will offset a winger then maybe there’s truth to it we shall see
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Would it be their agents sending out the feelers?

If it was Wigan we’d expect the news sometime in October 2023
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Good clear out is what's needed, Move them all on
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Do we save a wedge from the cap that was put aside for Shaun Edwards?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

widdenoldboy wrote:Do we save a wedge from the cap that was put aside for Shaun Edwards?
No. Coaches wages do not count on the cap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:51 pm Joe Burgess said at the time he was at Souths that he regretted re-signing for Wigan at that time. Sydney Roosters didn't take to him or him to them. Souths was another matter and he said in the Aussie media at the time that he would honour the contract he had signed with Wigan but that he would have stayed at Souths if no deal had been forthcoming

Sarginson probably returned on really good money after being released early from Gold Coast and I doubt he would take a cut to stay

Partington's stats were dreadful against Castleford but is still a surprise. The rest have all been at the club for some time and don't look like they are SL quality players, most will probably make a great career at championship level.

It's just simply the time to call an end to this pandering to keep as many players on at Wigan as possible to the detriment of the first team. Tough times call for tough decisions and this looks like one of those times
Can’t agree with you there, I think both Joe Shorrocks and Jack Wells need more time. Joe is the captain of the U19s and therefore needs time to progress and Jack needs more time to get over a bad injury. Other than that I am ok with the decisions. If players are out of contract then they are free to look elsewhere as well as considering any offers put to them. What worries me is Clubb is not on that list and he is out of contract and is regularly injured!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:51 pm Joe Burgess said at the time he was at Souths that he regretted re-signing for Wigan at that time. Sydney Roosters didn't take to him or him to them. Souths was another matter and he said in the Aussie media at the time that he would honour the contract he had signed with Wigan but that he would have stayed at Souths if no deal had been forthcoming

Only a few days ago, you told us stats were rubbish :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

This whole thing appears agent driven. I wonder do these players all have the same agent?
For all we know the club could be in negotiations with all these players and this could be a ploy by the agent(s) to put pressure on the club. Four of them have a year's option. Burgess could well be in negotiation about salary or length of contract. Either way at the season's end young players are always being released, whether it will be any of these named who knows.

As a Wigan supporter this whole story stinks to me.