Just hope this is tittle tattle!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jao 711

Re: Just hope this is tittle tattle!!

Post by jao 711 »

pedro wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:26 pm its poor reporting, just mean 7 players havent signed up, as of today they can talk to other clubs. Gigot, Hastings and Fages are in the same boat
That sounds nearer the mark.
bertina

Post by bertina »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:54 pm To play devils advocate here

Apart from burgess who we all know Is looking for another crack at nrl who would people keep?

Fans have been calling for a clear out of players and on that list isn’t anyone who is keep apart from burgess

Sarge most fans want rid of - shorrocks would of made it by now and the rest are squad filler
My thoughts entirely. Put Josh Woods, Liam forsyth, and Josh Ganson on that list as well.
Everyone knows we need some decent signings, so we need to clear some players out to make room if new players are to come in.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Bear in mind we will need a reserve squad next year.and we are the club pushing for it.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I have seen that Martin Offiah, a players agent, has posted a couple of press releases this last couple of days
Martin Offiah questions whether Wigan Warriors will have 'right personnel'

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/martin ... -1-9741990

Super League is now a feeder competition, says Wigan legend Martin Offiah

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/super- ... -1-9741094
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
markill

Post by markill »

pedro wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:26 pm its poor reporting, just mean 7 players havent signed up, as of today they can talk to other clubs. Gigot, Hastings and Fages are in the same boat
Agree. Click-bait chasing headline writing. Wigan haven't done the offering. There was an email sent which was not sent by the Wigan club to other clubs saying which players were off-contract. Fair to assume that the agent of said players sent the email, to drum up either interest or gauge market value of their players, and then the same agent have leaked it to the cheap-content-click-generating websites that have published it.

Now, that is not to say all of the players will be staying, and it's not to say things are all rosy with how the club is managing it's playing squad right now.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

morley pie eater wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:30 am
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:51 pm Joe Burgess said at the time he was at Souths that he regretted re-signing for Wigan at that time. Sydney Roosters didn't take to him or him to them. Souths was another matter and he said in the Aussie media at the time that he would honour the contract he had signed with Wigan but that he would have stayed at Souths if no deal had been forthcoming

Sarginson probably returned on really good money after being released early from Gold Coast and I doubt he would take a cut to stay

Partington's stats were dreadful against Castleford but is still a surprise. The rest have all been at the club for some time and don't look like they are SL quality players, most will probably make a great career at championship level.

It's just simply the time to call an end to this pandering to keep as many players on at Wigan as possible to the detriment of the first team. Tough times call for tough decisions and this looks like one of those times
Only a few days ago, you told us stats were rubbish :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are the one use stats to say how good someone played - you use you're own opinion for that if you actually went to any Wigan games

What stats do thought is tell you the basic work someone did on the field of play - not the quality of it (I underlined that for you because it is important)

With 3 carries and 16 metres do you agree that Partington was not very hard working? You probably thought he was our second best player for Wigan against Cas

Yet at the same time you use stats to claim someone played well (which I think it was sefc) showed in a video clip, that most of Sam's tackles are second or third man in (but still counted to his total) .After all this. With the facts proving virtually none of our pack were up to much last Saturday you thought Powell was so good when in fact all he literally had to do was turn up to be better than some of our pack that day

Oh well. Put you "I love Sam Powell" T-shirt on tonight and cheer us on from you're armchair
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:38 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:30 am
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:51 pm Joe Burgess said at the time he was at Souths that he regretted re-signing for Wigan at that time. Sydney Roosters didn't take to him or him to them. Souths was another matter and he said in the Aussie media at the time that he would honour the contract he had signed with Wigan but that he would have stayed at Souths if no deal had been forthcoming

Sarginson probably returned on really good money after being released early from Gold Coast and I doubt he would take a cut to stay

Partington's stats were dreadful against Castleford but is still a surprise. The rest have all been at the club for some time and don't look like they are SL quality players, most will probably make a great career at championship level.

It's just simply the time to call an end to this pandering to keep as many players on at Wigan as possible to the detriment of the first team. Tough times call for tough decisions and this looks like one of those times
Only a few days ago, you told us stats were rubbish :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are the one use stats to say how good someone played - you use you're own opinion for that if you actually went to any Wigan games

What stats do thought is tell you the basic work someone did on the field of play - not the quality of it (I underlined that for you because it is important)

With 3 carries and 16 metres do you agree that Partington was not very hard working? You probably thought he was our second best player for Wigan against Cas

Yet at the same time you use stats to claim someone played well (which I think it was sefc) showed in a video clip, that most of Sam's tackles are second or third man in (but still counted to his total) .After all this. With the facts proving virtually none of our pack were up to much last Saturday you thought Powell was so good when in fact all he literally had to do was turn up to be better than some of our pack that day

Oh well. Put you "I love Sam Powell" T-shirt on tonight and cheer us on from you're armchair
Happy to let you have the last word.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Only 7 , 15 would be closer to the mark.