Just hope this is tittle tattle!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Just hope this is tittle tattle!!

Post by josie andrews »

Reports – Wigan offer out SEVEN of their players to other clubs

Reports claim that Wigan have made seven first team squad members available for transfer, including two England internationals.

Centre Dan Sarginson and winger Joe Burgess are believed to have been offered to other clubs, alongside five of the club’s younger players, according to TotalRL.com.

Players off-contract are free to speak to other clubs from 1 May onwards.

The other players understood to be on the list are Caine Barnes, Oliver Partington, Jake Shorrocks, Joe Shorrocks and Jack Wells.

http://www.rlnews.co.uk/reports-wigan-o ... her-clubs/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Just hope this is tittle tattle!!

Post by josie andrews »

I’m not very happy about what is going on at the club at the present time!! 😡
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:I’m not very happy about what is going on at the club at the present time!! [emoji35]
So you think there is something in it then?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Not like the club to make light ov it😭........ive also heard this but suprised at a couple ov the names mentioned to be fair
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Could this be the major revamp of the salary cap that we need to rebalance the squad?

Or cost cutting?

I obviously hope the former, because without big changes we're not going to address some of the squad issues that we currently have and are about to have in the near future. Bulking up in the forwards and replacing recently departed or about to depart big name players with equivalent standard ones.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
pedro

Post by pedro »

its poor reporting, just mean 7 players havent signed up, as of today they can talk to other clubs. Gigot, Hastings and Fages are in the same boat
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

Can understand Burgess if he wants to try NRL again, but would be very surprised with Joe Shorrocks and Partington cant see that happening but where KR is involved anything can happen. I would be happy for Isa, Navarette. TT and Clubb to be on that list instead. Because we do need a clear out of the props. if the rumours are true about Hastings we don't need Jake Shorrocks and Woods especially with Smith coming through as well. But we do need another right sided centre.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:57 pm
josie andrews wrote:I’m not very happy about what is going on at the club at the present time!! [emoji35]
So you think there is something in it then?
I’m really pissed off at the minute, sorry for swearing 🤬
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

No wonder Shaun Edwards did not fancy the job with all the cost cutting and players that will be left its a near impossible job to win any silverware for several years.Maybe somebody from this forum will be offered the job
WiganMax

Post by WiganMax »

I’m only worried about burgess if it’s true, the rest can go and don’t need to be replaced. We have 36 players so getting rid of 5 reserve players will help get more room on the cap. And I prefer Hankinson instead of sarg, so not to worried about that ever