New Signings Are On The Way

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: New Signings Are On The Way

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:03 pm
DaveO wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:16 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:32 pm

Im sorry but bar one comment made last year when we did lose alot of staff and players at the end of it. this cost cutting is just hearsay and opinion by fans!!

That isnt saying i believe the rumour though.
IL asking Sam T to take a pay cut is not hearsay and opinion by fans. It's a fact. So is the loss Wigan are making and players and staff leaving from Micky Mac to Bitcon with them not being replaced. Also facts. If you can't see that this is cost cutting you aren't looking very hard.
Is it fact link me some proof DaveO?

Tomkins said the deal he was offered was very high but hed made he choice by then.

If im wrong i will hold my hands up but without evidence its again just hearsay.
“Wigan had an option on Sam’s contract to keep him as one of our marquee players for 2019. After a great deal of consideration, taking all of the factors into account and following an open and honest conversation with Sam, the club felt that the option salary set when Sam returned from New Zealand was too high and opted instead to offer a substantial new four-year deal in its place. This new deal was still one of the top three contracts that the club has offered anyone in the past 10 years and was as a marquee player still.

Read more at https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2018 ... u1H2OH9.99
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:29 pm

IL asking Sam T to take a pay cut is not hearsay and opinion by fans. It's a fact. So is the loss Wigan are making and players and staff leaving from Micky Mac to Bitcon with them not being replaced. Also facts. If you can't see that this is cost cutting you aren't looking very hard.

Tomkins said the deal he was offered was very high but hed made he choice by then.

If im wrong i will hold my hands up but without evidence its again just hearsay.
“Wigan had an option on Sam’s contract to keep him as one of our marquee players for 2019. After a great deal of consideration, taking all of the factors into account and following an open and honest conversation with Sam, the club felt that the option salary set when Sam returned from New Zealand was too high and opted instead to offer a substantial new four-year deal in its place. This new deal was still one of the top three contracts that the club has offered anyone in the past 10 years and was as a marquee player still.

Thanks for posting this saved me the time looking for it.

Anyone who thinks the club isn't in cost cutting mode are deluding themselves, still makes me chuckle that the club tried to spin the deal.."its a massive deal..just not as big as the one replacing it"to me thats a payout.
Wes

Post by Wes »

fozzieskem wrote:
Caboosegg wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:03 pm Is it fact link me some proof DaveO?

Thanks for posting this saved me the time looking for it.

Anyone who thinks the club isn't in cost cutting mode are deluding themselves, still makes me chuckle that the club tried to spin the deal.."its a massive deal..just not as big as the one replacing it"to me thats a payout.
Maybe they are but the hypocrisy on here stinks, no one on here would have been happy for Wigan to continue paying Sam the same wages if he where to say oh I don’t know be a d/ck head at st pats on the piss and errr hmmm let me think, right himself off for the season.

We are having a shocking season, worst since 2006 yet we are only 4 points behind Catalans who have super Sam, we’ll come good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

As said i hold my hand up as wrong.

But please take note... they offered him one of the top 3 salaries offered by the club in the last 10 years....
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Caboosegg wrote:
Caboosegg wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:03 pm Is it fact link me some proof DaveO?

But please take note... they offered him one of the top 3 salaries offered by the club in the last 10 years....

Narrative, bend.

The Salary was too high, we/Wigan paid him 3 years to turn up for 1!

We signed Escare on the back of The messiah being an inconsiderate .......

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wes wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:23 am
Caboosegg wrote:

Narrative, bend.

We have no idea what Tomkins was being paid but if it was the best contract offered out by the club then i don't think he deserved to be paid the same level for another year. I know that players get injured but we got 1 full season out of him (in which he magically was always ill when vs Ben Barba) and 2 injury strewn average preformances seasons.

It is obvious that Tomkins did help us tick but he didnt come back the same player.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:35 am
Wes wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:23 am
Caboosegg wrote:

Narrative, bend.

We have no idea what Tomkins was being paid but if it was the best contract offered out by the club then i don't think he deserved to be paid the same level for another year. I know that players get injured but we got 1 full season out of him (in which he magically was always ill when vs Ben Barba) and 2 injury strewn average preformances seasons.

It is obvious that Tomkins did help us tick but he didnt come back the same player.
when tomkins was fit and barba pulled out was he ill also?...you get what you pay for, wigan have paid less and got less.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Where has all of the extra money gone if Sam was on such a high wage and we still offered him a very high one for his next contract.

Surely we could have signed another marquee player? Its not as if other signings and improved contracts to the squad really happened.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Jordan Lilley worth a punt???
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

medlocke wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 4:26 pm Jordan Lilley worth a punt???
No.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.