New Signings Are On The Way

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: New Signings Are On The Way

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

medlocke wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:23 pm It would be nice if we could replace Budgie with a player like Mahe Fonua
Bevan French.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

:o :o :o :o :o :o am i missing the plot when a poster says get rid of Burgess and keep Clubb OMG i think i will go back to bed
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

We need props, we have too many wingers. Clubb had a kidney out and came back as fast as humanly possible for our club. Burgess legged it the first chance he got, and would be gone to the NRL in an instant despite our having taken him back, and nursed him back to health. We need 2 good wingers, and we have 3 without Burgess. If money was no object, I would be more than happy to keep Burgess. He is a luxury we can’t afford in a salary cap world.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 11:26 pm We need props, we have too many wingers. Clubb had a kidney out and came back as fast as humanly possible for our club. Burgess legged it the first chance he got, and would be gone to the NRL in an instant despite our having taken him back, and nursed him back to health. We need 2 good wingers, and we have 3 without Burgess. If money was no object, I would be more than happy to keep Burgess. He is a luxury we can’t afford in a salary cap world.
Marshall and Davies are nowhere near as effective as Burgess and Manfredi.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
moto748

Post by moto748 »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 1:38 am
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 11:26 pm We need props, we have too many wingers. Clubb had a kidney out and came back as fast as humanly possible for our club. Burgess legged it the first chance he got, and would be gone to the NRL in an instant despite our having taken him back, and nursed him back to health. We need 2 good wingers, and we have 3 without Burgess. If money was no object, I would be more than happy to keep Burgess. He is a luxury we can’t afford in a salary cap world.
No, but Marshall and Davies have scored plenty of tries for Wigan, and I agree that we need forwards much more urgently than wingers.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

We do need props but Clubb is not the answer, Bullock was a good signing and probably our best prop which is proof that when he was signed from the premiership and is better than our Super league props tells the story of how bad our props are
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 1:38 am
Give over, How can you say Manfredi is effective when he's constantly injured and Burgess is only effective when he can be arsed, Marshall and Davies have scored some great tries when the other two have been injured, But don't worry, Manfredi will be back for 3 games in 2020
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I think meds is spot on....... as good as dom is its getting to the point were we seriously have to think about his future...... if budgie is going then ide personally let one ov the other two go and sign a bigger winger to suite our style ov play
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Its all well and good IL saying there are signings on the way but where from.Swinton, Whitehaven etc? We need top class players and ILs track record in that department is not goodso iam not expecting too much.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Who would you sign, who is available? The list of off contract players has no one exciting on it. The NRL stars will be on £500,000 contracts, and have all the benefits attendant on living over there.
That’s not to say we can’t and won’t be able to find some exciting players, but we may need to rely on home grown superstars like, potentially, Harry, Morgan and Oli, with either players at the end of the their NRL careers, like Farah and Marshall, or players banished from there like Barba, de Bellin (spelling?) or even Folau I suppose.
At least we have a lot of non essential first teamers off contract, and 2 marquee places to allocate.