New Signings Are On The Way

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wintergreen

Re: New Signings Are On The Way

Post by Wintergreen »

Unless we get half a dozen new players we are staying in the bottom half of the table.

Lam hasn't helped himself, but in all fairness must be staggered by the lack of talent he has to work with compared to previous roles, both in Wigan when he played, and more recently in Aus.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

This thread should be re-titled

How many new signings do you think we need? :lol:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

The new signing we need above any other is a new coach. I fear though that Burgess not having been able to secure an NRL contract will be sold as the biggest “good” news on this front.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:44 pm The new signing we need above any other is a new coach. I fear though that Burgess not having been able to secure an NRL contract will be sold as the biggest “good” news on this front.
You haven't half got it in for Lam! Nearly every post you've made lately has been nothing short of disrespectful!

He hasn't got an excellent squad to work with.

And as for Burgess not getting an NRL contract, he didn't want one!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wintergreen wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:38 pm Unless we get half a dozen new players we are staying in the bottom half of the table.

Lam hasn't helped himself, but in all fairness must be staggered by the lack of talent he has to work with compared to previous roles, both in Wigan when he played, and more recently in Aus.
But the standard across the game is poor. He keeps promising improvements but I don’t see any.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
moto748

Post by moto748 »

josie andrews wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:01 pm
You haven't half got it in for Lam! Nearly every post you've made lately has been nothing short of disrespectful!

Respect has to be earned,
shaunedwardsfanclub

But what quality of signings can we expect?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I was suprised to see harvey livett playing for hornets yesterday...... maybe we could put a cheeky bid in for him....... hes a good player and wasted in that league
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
shaunedwardsfanclub

Firestarter wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:00 am I was suprised to see harvey livett playing for hornets yesterday...... maybe we could put a cheeky bid in for him....... hes a good player and wasted in that league
There’s a reason he is not making the Wire team, same with Richardson at Saints.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Let a really soft try in aswell yesterday ,livett won't improve us one bit.