Tonights Game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Tonights Game

Post by fozzieskem »

Dour game,neither side took control at all will have to be 100% better than that next week or a spanning is in prospect
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

We will absolutely batter warrington!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Well I have just got back and what a poor advert for the sport that was.

London came with a plan, slow it down and they all knew what they were at. We didn't have a plan at all, particularly in the first half.

Our second try summed up the standard of the game. Lockers knocks on to give away the scrum, their player knocks on straight from the scrum to gift us a try. :roll:
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

It says something that Wigan have won 2 games now (and not by a last minute try) and yet in neither game has a Wigan player been awarded the MoM award - I dont remember that ever happening?

The scoreline flattered us but it looked at some points that both teams were doing their best to lose the game.

Is it me or do we not look like much of a "team" but very much 13 individual players at the moment
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:40 am It says something that Wigan have won 2 games now (and not by a last minute try) and yet in neither game has a Wigan player been awarded the MoM award - I dont remember that ever happening?

The scoreline flattered us but it looked at some points that both teams were doing their best to lose the game.

Is it me or do we not look like much of a "team" but very much 13 individual players at the moment
Sadly this is a fair assessment of what’s going on
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

We were gifted Hanks try and if their late break came off London would have done us in hindsight.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Is the team fit enough, we seemed quite happy putting the ball in touch slowing the game down, wandering to scrums and certain players doing more teapotting than Harvey Howard.
London were delighted to play at championship pace.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Painful to watch, absolutely garbage all over the park. Most of the players look knackerd. Just cant work out what is wrong with them all. Seen on the other forum people wanting lockers and tommy to go round again, can only think these fans need a check up from the neck up. Both have played a season too long already imo, lockers was a liability yesterday and I say that with a heavy heart. Might start watching indoor bowling instead.... Has to be more exciting than those performances
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Mickw wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:31 am Is the team fit enough, we seemed quite happy putting the ball in touch slowing the game down, wandering to scrums and certain players doing more teapotting than Harvey Howard.
London were delighted to play at championship pace.
As i say to me we dont seem to be playing as a team and i think that may manifest as looking like a lack of fitness when really its more maybe effort. Im not trying to say that they arent putting effort in but its that extra effort that seems to be missing the running to form the scrum etc maybe effort isnt the word maybe its enthusiasm, we seem to want to get to the final whistle more than play the game.

I think as a team under Lam we lack identity.

Under Madge our identity was clear - we were fit, the fittest team ive seen in the superleague era, our game plan was simple but effective start each half blistering then control the 2nd part of each half.

Under Wane our identity was clear - ferocious defence, we hurt teams - broke their spirit in defence

Under Lam we were promised a more "attacking" identity but this hasnt really come to pass, we just seem slightly more haphazard

The players seem lost as to what they are meant to be doing and that is degrading the sense of "team"
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

w.thomas wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:56 am Seen on the other forum people wanting lockers and tommy to go round again, can only think these fans need a check up from the neck up. Both have played a season too long already imo, lockers was a liability yesterday and I say that with a heavy heart.
Lockers is in danger of ruining his legacy if he goes around again. He was a liability. Gave away at least two penalties but I thought he was the only forward who did what the game was crying out for which was some hard, direct straight running.

Although he dropped the ball which led to the scrum and the London player dropping it for our second try, his run and a few more prior to that made gains for us.

I also thought TT looked quite effective when he came on but then again I am seriously having to look hard to find any positives anywhere except we won a "four pointer" in a relegation battle because on this form that is the competition were are in this season.