Tonights Game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Tonights Game

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 5:31 pm Not replacing Bitcon with someone of a similar level shows either complete lack of judgment or in my view more likely, is part of a cost cutting exercise.
I was told by a member of his family he hadn’t had a pay rise for a couple of years! Don’t know how true it is though.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

josie andrews wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:59 pm
DaveO wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 5:31 pm Not replacing Bitcon with someone of a similar level shows either complete lack of judgment or in my view more likely, is part of a cost cutting exercise.
I was told by a member of his family he hadn’t had a pay rise for a couple of years! Don’t know how true it is though.
I doubt it would of been possible for Wigan to match city’s offer or lure (I believe they have some of the best training facilities in the world) and I accept that it would be impossible to compete with them

However

I do not accept that Paul Johnson was the best candidate out there to replace him -that’s not a dig at Paul I’m sure he is working hard in the role but I did it hard to believe from his appointment that the club even bothered looking for a proper replacement
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I mentioned the dreaded "cost cutting" as maybe a reason why Bitcon left the club over on facebook..hels teeth got stamped on by the Lenegan defenders for even daring to suggest it.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:37 pm
I mentioned the dreaded "cost cutting" as maybe a reason why Bitcon left the club over on facebook..hels teeth got stamped on by the Lenegan defenders for even daring to suggest it.
There's some proper happy clappers over on facebook, I had to delete one the other day, He thought Powell was a great hooker simply because he gives his all, He also thought I was being a lunatic because I suggested Lockers and Lulu retire at the end of the season, The guy was a mental :lol:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:05 pm
There's some proper happy clappers over on facebook, I had to delete one the other day, He thought Powell was a great hooker simply because he gives his all, He also thought I was being a lunatic because I suggested Lockers and Lulu retire at the end of the season, The guy was a mental :lol:
i think wigan should sign lockers and tommy on 3 year contracts so they dont get poached off the nrl....... then sign carmont on a 5 to keep you happy meds 😭😭😭😭
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 8:35 am

i think wigan should sign lockers and tommy on 3 year contracts so they dont get poached off the nrl....... then sign carmont on a 5 to keep you happy meds 😭😭😭😭
Carmont could probably still do a better job than Sarge :lol:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:14 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 8:35 am

Carmont could probably still do a better job than Sarge :lol:
😭
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I didn't think the team looked that fit. Marshall was flagging as well as Tommy and several looked off the pace. It's not that they don't try but tired players make mistakes.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Happy clappers are not only on Facebook Meds :lol: