This is worrying!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

This is worrying!

Post by ian.birchall »

The Observer is reporting that Sean O'Loughlin 100%!! wants to play next season on the pitch.
Can I suggest that before we agree to that he has to up his 30% on the pitch this season and that in itself isn't much worse than his performance in 2018.
With apologies to Josie.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: This is worrying!

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

surely this cant happen. I have always had great admiration for lockers but it is now the time to call it a day. he imo has now become a liability . to slow will never be fit again a penalty machine and taking up a salary that could help rebuild the shambles of a team we are watching at moment. The time is right why we are at this low to take bull by horns away with sentiment and have a club clear-out. Including lockers and Lam. I know the team at moment is not full of talent but there is no excuse for the standard of coaching we are seeing. to a man they are running around completely deft of ideas or plays. The actually look like they just want shut of ball and don't care where it goes. Are am I not seeing bigger picture.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

The team will suffer and he will in later life with his heath if he does call it a day at the end of this season
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Christ on a bike, Call it a day ffs :roll:
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

No one at the club has the balls to make the tough decisions.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Mickw wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 5:42 pm No one at the club has the balls to make the tough decisions.
Your not wrong there Mick
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I posted this the other week!

Merged.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

O’Droplin please retire.

Many thanks.

Marc
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The true test of any performer is knowing when to call it a day and exit stage lefties the saying goes always leave them wanting more..
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Can someone explain what "a club clear out" really means? Didn't we have one last year with players, coaches and backroom staff leaving? Or maybe that was the wrong type of clear-out!! We probably all thought Bateman was class but for all those who couldn't wait to be rid of Sam (and don't forget Sutton who brought a lot of go-forward to the pack) maybe there's a realisation of how influential he was. It's always been true that teams playing without confidence make good players look average or worse, and teams with confidence make average players look good or better. Do we look poor at the moment - dead right we do. But the first step for us is to get a settled team and then somehow, rebuild confidence again with some consistency of selection and performance. Then hopefully we can integrate some new blood, which I totally agree is urgently needed. But let's get real, 'club clear-outs' aren't going to happen and are not a 'quick fix' way forward anyway.

As for SO'L, of course his best days are behind him but, until we identify a top replacement, it's up to someone already at the club to play consistently well enough to replace him. At least the guy wants to play for Wigan, which is quite unusual these days.