This is worrying!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Sean O'Loughlin to play on with Wigan Warriors in 2020?

Post by Caboosegg »

Its one game but from today.

Lockers needs to move to the backroom coaching staff. I 100% still believe we need his experience and knowledge in the team but maybe on the side of the pitch instead of on it.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
pedro

Post by pedro »

I dunno, hes been a great servant but getting sick of jobs for the boys
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

pedro wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:54 pm I dunno, hes been a great servant but getting sick of jobs for the boys
I agree. Lockers is a shadow of his former self.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Shaun Wane Legend

Post by Shaun Wane Legend »

The lack of loyalty to one of our clubs greats is staggering. If anyone deserves a”job for the boys” it’s Lockers. Many times he has carried the team. He deserves a job after his playing days. Show some respect and loyalty. Hopefully he will get a part play, part coach contract. It would be a big mistake to lose someone like Lockers. Don’t let other clubs benefit from him.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Shaun Wane Legend wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:10 pm The lack of loyalty to one of our clubs greats is staggering. If anyone deserves a”job for the boys” it’s Lockers. Many times he has carried the team. He deserves a job after his playing days. Show some respect and loyalty. Hopefully he will get a part play, part coach contract. It would be a big mistake to lose someone like Lockers. Don’t let other clubs benefit from him.
Well said 👏🏼😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Post by pedro »

Shaun Wane Legend wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:10 pm The lack of loyalty to one of our clubs greats is staggering. If anyone deserves a”job for the boys” it’s Lockers. Many times he has carried the team. He deserves a job after his playing days. Show some respect and loyalty. Hopefully he will get a part play, part coach contract. It would be a big mistake to lose someone like Lockers. Don’t let other clubs benefit from him.
thats the problem, the club are showing to much loyalty and unfortunatley there cant be any in a salary capped sport
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Jesus Christ, Some of the pro Lockers posts really are desperate, Show the guy loyalty because he has done this and that, Doesn't he get paid handsomely to do this and that?, It's not like he's doing it for fun ffs, He has been past his best for a couple of seasons now, His rugby mind may still be as sharp as a tack but his body obviously isn't, Last season he played a total of 16 SL games, In the majority of them he played less than 30 minutes, At best he played 7 to 8 full games in the season, Simply not good enough, I also recall he played only 9 minutes in one game, Not sure if it was the first international, what a complete waste of a first team spot and also a sub, Also why should he automatically get a coaching job or a coaching/playing role, What are his credentials for coaching?, He needs to retire and we need to let him go when he does, Jobs for the boys needs to stop. :cry:

I will now sit here and wait to get slagged off and asked the usual "Do you actually know anything about RL" by some keyboard expert who thinks they are the second coming of Jack Gibson :mrgreen:
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Make him like we did with Deakin in the coaching staff and play if needed don't give him another 12 months .
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jaws1 wrote:Make him like we did with Deakin in the coaching staff and play if needed don't give him another 12 months .
As soon as a player coach takes to the field his wages count on the cap and I mean all of them.

I don’t get this notion of disloyalty suggesting its time he hung up his boots and that this might not lead to a coaching job.

Stating the obvious not all great players make good coaches. Do we even need another coach? As far as I am aware all the coaching roles are filled and you can’t just sack someone to make way for him. The club is making a loss so it needs a good reason to take on another coach.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

DaveO wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:34 pm
jaws1 wrote:Make him like we did with Deakin in the coaching staff and play if needed don't give him another 12 months .
As soon as a player coach takes to the field his wages count on the cap and I mean all of them.

I don’t get this notion of disloyalty suggesting its time he hung up his boots and that this might not lead to a coaching job.

Stating the obvious not all great players make good coaches. Do we even need another coach? As far as I am aware all the coaching roles are filled and you can’t just sack someone to make way for him. The club is making a loss so it needs a good reason to take on another coach.
i agree. It isn't disloyal to voice the opinion that lockers has maybe gone on one season too many. I accept the fact that we wouldn't be saying this if all was hunky dory. But he fact we are in a relegation battle and up to the cap limit (some how), the finger has to point somewhere and an easy place is someone with a high salary to game ratio.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."