Who’d you have as next coach?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.

Next coach?

Poll ended at Sun May 12, 2019 1:37 pm

Adrian Lam
28%
Trent Barrett
2%
Paul Deacon
4%
Shaun Wane
15%
Chris Chester
9%
José Mourinho
6%
Tony Smith
4%
Current NRL coach/ast
30%
Current SL coach
No votes
Ex-Wigan player
2%

Total votes: 47

ancientnloyal

Who’d you have as next coach?

Post by ancientnloyal »

Semi-random list of potentials and long shots
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Re: Who’d you have as next coach?

Post by medlocke »

Lam is the man, In time he will have us playing good stuff
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Especially if he brings lachlan to partner jackson
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Stick with Lam. He needs to be given a chance and the squad is poor this year. IFL needs to get his wallet out or sell up.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Shane Flanagan

Sorry but after 14 games I haven't seen any improvement in this side. We lack shape, fitness, tactics and defensive structure (although that has improved with a little help from the opposition/weather).

With "poorer" players Danny Ward had London playing to structures and game plan. It was key errors at certain times and poor fitness that cost them. Simply put, I do not see any reason fans can say Adrian Lam is good enough to coach us. The only explanation any fan can say is to prevent any sort of coaching merry-go-round

If he isn't good enough then he shouldn't remain imo.
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

He’s pretty much halfway through his contract and if anything the club have gone backwards,can’t defend no attack worthy of the name,it’s not going well at all.

I’ll say nowt till the magic weekend as I always thought that was the acid test.
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

Lam deserves a bit longer to see what he can do with the current side. His job has been made so much harder by losing Bateman, Tomkins and Sutton from last years side and then dealing with the injuries we've had. Add to that a few players in the squad who probably aren't really good enough to carry greater responsibility and it's hard to see how this was going to be anything but a tough season. We've had a tough period where we lost far too many games, although most were tight contests where we were always competitive. We've come out of the Easter period and started picking up wins which is the right way to start. If we were playing good rugby but still losing it would count for nothing. Now we've got more points on the board it's time to start competing against the better sides.
If Lam can turn things around though then that's an impressive feat and he deserves the job. There don't seem to be a huge number of outstanding candidates knocking around.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I'd be happy with Chester, because he's created a real *team* without signing star NRL players (no good for Meds). But I don't think we'd pay Wakey, so I voted for SW.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

It's simply not logical at this stage to say that Lammy would be fine with a good squad just because he hasn't had an easy time of it this season. If he's being considered a serious candidate after the performances so far we're showing a lack of ambition. Give him a few more weeks if you must but I don't think he'll improve things markedly. Perhaps if we win the next three matches he could claim that we're making progress. I'd say that our first three matches were better than our last three in terms of performance rather than results.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Iams doing ok with the mess that he's inherited, whether he'll ever get the right support from above remains to be seen.