19-man squad vs Warrington

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
w.thomas

Re: 19-man squad vs Warrington

Post by w.thomas »

Good performance that but individual errors killed us. Navarette and sarginson are simply not wigan standard, we need some better players. Harsh loss that, we was the better side but being the better side sometimes doesn't win you games.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Knob head Wire fans on Facebook acting like they've won the treble
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:18 pm That was the best game of superleague i have watched all season.

Can anyone who was watching at home confirm if the one that hit hardakers foot was a try, it looked like a no no try to me on the big screen.

Despite alot of preasure on us due to a handling error at the end, that last pass had been caught
Yeah, the end of the ball was on the ground.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Mike wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:27 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:18 pm That was the best game of superleague i have watched all season.

Can anyone who was watching at home confirm if the one that hit hardakers foot was a try, it looked like a no no try to me on the big screen.

Despite alot of preasure on us due to a handling error at the end, that last pass had been caught
Thanks, wasnt sure at the time.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Thought we played alright today in attack and defence. Too many silly mistakes though. Sarginson was terrible in the first 10mins, got a little better as the game when on, we still need a new centre though. Navertte is abit of a donkey and should be nowhere the team, contributes nothing. Sarginson disallowed try was a joke, thought I’d seen all the other week when the cas( I think that’s who it was) player scored with his elbow but I guess not
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I was a lot happier than with any other loss this season. We looked much livelier and defence continues to improve, mostly. What everyone else said about Sarge's lousy first half and Hicks' pathetic 'evening up'. But still a game we could have and should have won.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:29 pm
Mike wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:27 pm

Thanks, wasnt sure at the time.
I agree Hughes try was fair and square.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

moto748 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:41 am I was a lot happier than with any other loss this season. We looked much livelier and defence continues to improve, mostly. What everyone else said about Sarge's lousy first half and Hicks' pathetic 'evening up'. But still a game we could have and should have won.
We continue to concede soft tries though. On a plus point our fitness looked much improved. Hardaker looks lean now and as a result he is far quicker.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Barney841 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:51 pm Thought we played alright today in attack and defence. Too many silly mistakes though. Sarginson was terrible in the first 10mins, got a little better as the game when on, we still need a new centre though. Navertte is abit of a donkey and should be nowhere the team, contributes nothing. Sarginson disallowed try was a joke, thought I’d seen all the other week when the cas( I think that’s who it was) player scored with his elbow but I guess not
What did Clubb give us in his two ten minute spells?

Another question, did anyone else think that Currie led with his knee when Hardaker scored?
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I do like clubbs aggression but he never looks fit and can’t do long minutes, there’s better options out there surely.
Zak had his best game in a Wigan shirt