Bent refs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Bent refs

Post by moto748 »

Mickw wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:33 am The vendetta that has been evident all this season ...
]

Evident only to you, and the other nutter conspiracy theorists.

Complaining about poor or inconsistent refereeing is one thing. Accusing refs of being biased against particular clubs is quite another.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

doc wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:31 pm 100% agree there was a double movement for Sarge's try. Definitely a case of trying to even things up after dropping a bollock in the first half. The problem is in the context of where the match is at the time as the two dodgy decisions don't necessarily cancel each other out
I was just going to make the very same point. It's no use at the end of game saying two bad decisions have evened themselves out. When a team is awarded a score or disallowed a score it affects the way both they and the opposition play at that point in time. The players aren't robots have having perfectly good tries ruled out is bound to affect them and spur the opposition on.

I agree with whoever said the officials are over officiating. There was a try from London at the DW the other week that only looked like a try when played in slow motion from one view when from the other it was pretty clear he had not scored. In an attempt be scrupulous the officials seem to manage to convince themselves black is white.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 3:09 pm
Mickw wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:33 am The vendetta that has been evident all this season ...
]

Complaining about poor or inconsistent refereeing is one thing. Accusing refs of being biased against particular clubs is quite another.
Completely agree with you,some of the tinfoil merchants here and on Facebook make me laugh,there’s a word of difference between supposed vendetta or them being bent,of you can prove submit to the police and let the dice roll where they may.

Now as you inconsistent and poor refs then yes a sensible discussion can be had as they ain’t perfect and some aren’t up to the task.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Shaun Wane says Robert Hicks was RIGHT to rule out Wigan Warriors' try

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/shaun- ... -1-9765248
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Something tells me SW wants lam to do bad...no human alive could actually think that wasnt a try
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:53 pm Shaun Wane says Robert Hicks was RIGHT to rule out Wigan Warriors' try

All that article is, is a series of quotes from him saying "the ref followed the rules" without explaining why he thinks this is so. The other experts have given their opinions as why they think the decision was wrong given the rules and it isn't because they do not know the rules. They do. Wane is implying all the other experts don't know the rules and he does.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

DaveO wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:18 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:53 pm Shaun Wane says Robert Hicks was RIGHT to rule out Wigan Warriors' try

All that article is, is a series of quotes from him saying "the ref followed the rules" without explaining why he thinks this is so. The other experts have given their opinions as why they think the decision was wrong given the rules and it isn't because they do not know the rules. They do. Wane is implying all the other experts don't know the rules and he does.
Davo ,do you think waney would have been happy if he was in charge?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Firestarter wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:34 pm

Nope!

I always thought Wane never knew when to shut up and because of this if an interview went on long enough he'd say something stupid or controversial that wasn't thought through. This is just another example.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

DaveO wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:49 pm
Firestarter wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:34 pm

Nope!

I always thought Wane never knew when to shut up and because of this if an interview went on long enough he'd say something stupid or controversial that wasn't thought through. This is just another example.
agreed
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

moto748 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 3:09 pm
]

Who are you calling a butter you cheeky bastard.