Brace myself for a slagging dropping crowd

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg
Posts: 1594
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Brace myself for a slagging dropping crowd

Post by Caboosegg » Thu May 16, 2019 12:32 pm

On pitch fights show passion from the players, it makes you invest in it as much as the them.

The most dissapointing part of this season has been the lack of passion from the wigan team.
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

OAMJSONA
Posts: 2938
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 1:37 pm

Re: Brace myself for a slagging dropping crowd

Post by OAMJSONA » Thu May 16, 2019 12:45 pm

Bring back the biff , our game as been sanitized beyond belief , god knows what will happen if and when pull Sky the plug
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White


SJ
Posts: 1204
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Re: Brace myself for a slagging dropping crowd

Post by SJ » Thu May 16, 2019 2:51 pm

ancientnloyal wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:38 am
Agree you want aggression hard hits and passion. We lack that
I agree with the aggression,hard hits and passion All done within the rules of the game. Calls to bring back the biff send the wrong message. Speed, skill and athleticism will put bums on seats not the skullduggery of yesteryear

medlocke
Posts: 8151
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Brace myself for a slagging dropping crowd

Post by medlocke » Thu May 16, 2019 4:09 pm

SJ wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:51 pm
ancientnloyal wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:38 am
Agree you want aggression hard hits and passion. We lack that
I agree with the aggression,hard hits and passion All done within the rules of the game. Calls to bring back the biff send the wrong message. Speed, skill and athleticism will put bums on seats not the skullduggery of yesteryear
The more skullduggery the better :D

DaveO
Posts: 14277
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:32 pm

Re: Brace myself for a slagging dropping crowd

Post by DaveO » Thu May 16, 2019 4:51 pm

AncientWarrior wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:04 pm
Sorry to adopt a “when I were a lad” attitude but in prehistoric times before Superleague we had the County Cups, and the John Player Trophy in addition to the Challenge Cup all of which kept the “pot boiling” throughout the season. If you got knocked out of one, there was another round the corner and crowd interest was maintained throughout.
One of these competitions would be an ideal way to reduce the number of times a team must face each other in the league.

As it would also reduce the number of league fixtures then each one would count for more so making them more intense as well.

SJ
Posts: 1204
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Re: Brace myself for a slagging dropping crowd

Post by SJ » Thu May 16, 2019 4:59 pm

medlocke wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:09 pm
SJ wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:51 pm
ancientnloyal wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:38 am
Agree you want aggression hard hits and passion. We lack that
I agree with the aggression,hard hits and passion All done within the rules of the game. Calls to bring back the biff send the wrong message. Speed, skill and athleticism will put bums on seats not the skullduggery of yesteryear
The more skullduggery the better :D
😀👍

ddtftf
Posts: 1519
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: Brace myself for a slagging dropping crowd

Post by ddtftf » Thu May 16, 2019 5:12 pm

Also the game would be better if the fu---ing referees would stop blowing the whistle every 5 minutes Hicks is the worst he ruins games, I think he must have been bullied at school .

In the NRL you sometimes forget the refs are on the field, they let the game flow a lot more and dont blow for minor incidents .
I am buzzing today getting it off my chest and saying what i think others are thinking, Hicks should he dropped to referee Shevington Sharks .

Barney841
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:24 am

Re: Brace myself for a slagging dropping crowd

Post by Barney841 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:22 pm

Funnily enough I was about this at work yesterday how the RFL have took the intensity out of the game.
There should be a change in rule about the shoulder charge, just don’t hit the head for example, and the fighting. Ok no one wants to see loads of fighting but it was part of the game to a point as rugby is an aggressive sport and players are passionate and get fired up. But to say you gonna get sent off when you throw a punch is abit over the top, I can understand if they headbutt or stamp on a player. But when abit of a ruckus kicks off, it makes the game abit tastier

Caboosegg
Posts: 1594
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Brace myself for a slagging dropping crowd

Post by Caboosegg » Thu May 16, 2019 6:17 pm

DaveO wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:51 pm
AncientWarrior wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:04 pm
Sorry to adopt a “when I were a lad” attitude but in prehistoric times before Superleague we had the County Cups, and the John Player Trophy in addition to the Challenge Cup all of which kept the “pot boiling” throughout the season. If you got knocked out of one, there was another round the corner and crowd interest was maintained throughout.
One of these competitions would be an ideal way to reduce the number of times a team must face each other in the league.

As it would also reduce the number of league fixtures then each one would count for more so making them more intense as well.
See i cant believe we still dont have a orgins style game each year, even a england vs exiles style one again.

It would create convo and interest (who made it and who didn't) and would give something different to playing the same team 8 times a year.
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

ddtftf
Posts: 1519
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: Brace myself for a slagging dropping crowd

Post by ddtftf » Thu May 16, 2019 7:13 pm

If they banned Ice Hockey fighting in Canada no one would watch its vicious and gets amazing crowds to watch . Also imagine Cage Fights were you are not allowed to punch the opposition fighter, no one would go.

Post Reply