19-man vs Catalans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: 19-man vs Catalans

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I think this is the final chance for Lam. He has had 16 games and only managed to defeat 4 weak teams at home, and Salford twice away. He has lost every other match, including the 4 biggest games. Lose tomorrow, and we should say thanks but no thanks. Good player, seemingly a good man, but not up to it if he can’t win any even remotely tricky games.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Always going to be hard for any coach coming in after Wane. He was a massive presence, his style and ethos embedded in a lot of the squad from a young age.
When you then add the loss of Tomkins and Bateman, other off field stuff, a stack of injury problems and the history of how teams react after a world club chalenge I still think it's a bit harsh to make a call yet. Lam.himself thought we was going into this season a prop short, that's before lost Hamlin. Looking at the performance against Wire we are not far off Faz will help with the forwards and a decent prop would I still believe put us right in the mix.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I think he’s lovely but if you never win a hard game you have to go. Of course, if we want to turn into a club happy to go down to close defeats then he has certainly shown we can reach that level under him.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

The 3 Burgess bros all made over 120 meters in their match today, lets see the meters gained of Tony Clubb / Flower, it will give a true reflection of our props.

I dont expect them to hit 120 meters but it will be interesting to see the stats if anyone can monitor them on here
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Have they played Canberra already? Clubb and Flower were presumably signed and coached to play Waneball, hence no metres after impact or big drives and slower ptbs. If we are to move away from that, though Lam has shown no ability to stamp any style of play on the team so we can only guess what he has in mind, then they may not be simply horses for those courses.

Flower may never be able to be a conventional prop, but Clubb has on occasion played that higher impact style. I know he is disliked by many on here, but he came back as quickly as he could for the cause after having his kidney out, which gives some sense of his commitment to the cause. In my view, Flower should never have played for us again, after bringing the club and the game into disrepute.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I never questioned his commitment, but at the end of the day you need props to go 20 minutes each half and make yardage for the backs to play off .
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:41 pm . In my view, Flower should never have played for us again, after bringing the club and the game into disrepute.
Everyone deserves a second chance if we will happily allow druggies/racist/wife beaters at second chance why shouldnt we give that to someone who did something in the heat of the moment.

Without slow motion there is barely a second between both puches its not like hes looked and gone you know what im going to punch someone knock out.

Not that im saying what he did wasnt disgraceful but plenty of player welcomed go SL with open arms have brought the game into disrespute.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

josie andrews wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:46 am
ancientnloyal wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:40 pm
Firestarter wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:52 pm Lam seems like he lost faith in shorrocks and after, arguably, his best performance
Shorrocks seems to have had a shoulder injury but may still have it.
Haha the two previous quotes said he may or he may not so I amalgamated it haha

I've just said that 😂😂
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

ddtftf wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:44 pm I never questioned his commitment, but at the end of the day you need props to go 20 minutes each half and make yardage for the backs to play off .
Derrick, that’s how the game should be played. They must be teaching them something different in school now.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

lucky 13 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:11 am Always going to be hard for any coach coming in after Wane. He was a massive presence, his style and ethos embedded in a lot of the squad from a young age.
When you then add the loss of Tomkins and Bateman, other off field stuff, a stack of injury problems and the history of how teams react after a world club chalenge I still think it's a bit harsh to make a call yet. Lam.himself thought we was going into this season a prop short, that's before lost Hamlin. Looking at the performance against Wire we are not far off Faz will help with the forwards and a decent prop would I still believe put us right in the mix.
Hold on a minute, he took over a champion team and now we are a laughing stock. Lam has got to go we need someone with the right credentials.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards