Today's team

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Today's team

Post by Caboosegg »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:57 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:55 pm now i normally defend Wigan even when it isn't going well but surely this is it for Lam? Our basics skills are missing even wrapping in a tackle is no existent.

I really hoped last week was a turning point but this.....
Surely basic skills should remain there to some extent regardless of the coach?

We look completely lost.
Thats my point, the only reason to be this bad is if they aren't't being practiced.

I remember when brian smith went to Wakefield they had poor handling skills so he made them take juggling classes.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:58 pm
superleague wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:56 pm Forwards win games and ours are to small and are not good enough.

It's getting embarrassing now
Funny how many years ago KR came out and said we really lacked sized against the Roosters in the world club challenge. Ever since that game we literally gone smaller!
I do wonder if Wigan over-estimated the impact the reduction in interchanges would have on the game
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Unless we "do a smellies" I am not watching. Switched off and don't care. Basics are non-existent and discipline with and without ball has never been addressed by someone who now MUST be on a very thin tightrope for remaining as coach
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Utter garbage,
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:01 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:58 pm
superleague wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:56 pm Forwards win games and ours are to small and are not good enough.

It's getting embarrassing now
Funny how many years ago KR came out and said we really lacked sized against the Roosters in the world club challenge. Ever since that game we literally gone smaller!
I do wonder if Wigan over-estimated the impact the reduction in interchanges would have on the game
That, combined with not replacing Bitcon, whom the club continually paraded.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:03 pm Unless we "do a smellies" I am not watching. Switched off and don't care. Basics are non-existent and discipline with and without ball has never been addressed by someone who now MUST be on a very thin tightrope for remaining as coach
I liked wigan under wane so to some that should show how bad i think it is but i'm bored.... really bored of watching wigan not turn up not do the basics, Leigh east are more interesting to watch.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:07 pm
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:03 pm Unless we "do a smellies" I am not watching. Switched off and don't care. Basics are non-existent and discipline with and without ball has never been addressed by someone who now MUST be on a very thin tightrope for remaining as coach
I liked wigan under wane so to some that should show how bad i think it is but i'm bored.... really bored of watching wigan not turn up not do the basics, Leigh east are more interesting to watch.
The problem with Wane was that the style of rugby was not very entertaining and easy on the eye. Despite his clear achievements as Wigan coach eventually it’s not going to be enough as fans want to be entertained and you often always want what you do not have.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

It's not easy supporting a team when they as bad as that.Come On IFL do something about this debacle before it's to late
Last edited by pearsy on Sat May 18, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

pearsy wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:14 pm It's not easy supporting a team when they a bad as that
But we fans do it anyway
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

medlocke wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:46 pm Time for Lockers to hang em up, Embarrassing himself now
Couldn't agree more. His leadership style has always been to lead by example, not the geeing up of players or bollocking them when it's needed (which I feel is a thing a few of these players currently require). His age is showing and his performances have dropped off drastically.
He WAS a great player though.