Today's team

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wintergreen

Re: Today's team

Post by Wintergreen »

Yep.

Stayed a season too long.

Go now before he harms his legacy.
yonmon

Post by yonmon »

Lam gone today.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

yonmon wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:30 pm Lam gone today.
Who could replace him who is available and would potentially make a difference?

We don’t want to get sucked into sacking Lam and signing somebody we are going to be stuck with. May be better to keep hold until the end of the season so we can make a long term decision rather than reactive short term.

We won’t get relegated that’s not a risk but what will replacing Lam do?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:37 pm

We don’t want to get sucked into sacking Lam and signing somebody we are going to be stuck with. May be better to keep hold until the end of the season so we can make a long term decision rather than reactive short term.

I don’t think Lam is right for the job,as you say see the season out with him admit to all that it’s been a bit of a mess and thank him and move on
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

lo
nathan_rugby wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:37 pm

That's the whole point!
When Edwards decided Wigan was not his next position we SHOULD have been scouring the globe for next years and beyond coach (or second choice - call it whatever you want) If they had to come in this season to assess then so be it, this as usual; smacks of too little too late

I have a terrible feeling those in charge have simply crossed their collective fingers that Adrian Lam makes a decent fist of it and no one would really question the wisdom of giving him a longer deal.

Lam continues to flatter to deceive with his team selections and tactics. We at time look like headless turkeys
simply waiting for Christmas.

I suggested on another thread that it is time for Lam to prove he has any coaching credentials by changing this team up. Not saying this but for example Escare full back and Hardaker centre. Drop George Williams full stop and start to see if Harry Smith is the future or not. Those are the more obvious but I await other suggestions as we are such a predictable side to play and defend against at the moment
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I think George Williams has been poor all season to be totally honest and Clubb is stealing a living with a few others. I think Williams best position would be loose forward just because he tackles well
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

If IL needed to know if Lam was the man for the job he got his answer today. And also Lockers been a great player for us but another season no way. If IL needs further proof he will get it at Anfield next week because the result will be the same. Clueless in how to play basic rugby and create overlaps. Discipline was poor by a number of players. The tap on the shoulder of some of our forwards worked a treat I don't think which tells us something about their desire to play for Wigan and the respect for lam. The whole front row needs to be replaced Bullock is just ok but raw, Greenwood gets injured every time he plays and that's why he didn't cut it in the NRL. Farrell not big enough and plays above his weight hence all the injuries. Don't think we have any choice but to keep Lam until the end of the season but suggest we start now to look for his successor. But whoever the coach is without at least half a dozen new faces he will be in trouble. The mess we are in, is all down to IL and KR with the regard to the quality of recruiting in the last 2 years ,its now up to them to get us out of it, the question is are they brave enough to clear out the dross. Time will tell.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Lam has to go. We have lost every halfway difficult game. I hope he does the decent thing and resigns. Frankly, given the quality in the squad, we would do better without a coach.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

warriors01 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:07 pm If IL needed to know if Lam was the man for the job he got his answer today. And also Lockers been a great player for us but another season no way. If IL needs further proof he will get it at Anfield next week because the result will be the same. Clueless in how to play basic rugby and create overlaps. Discipline was poor by a number of players. The tap on the shoulder of some of our forwards worked a treat I don't think which tells us something about their desire to play for Wigan and the respect for lam. The whole front row needs to be replaced Bullock is just ok but raw, Greenwood gets injured every time he plays and that's why he didn't cut it in the NRL. Farrell not big enough and plays above his weight hence all the injuries. Don't think we have any choice but to keep Lam until the end of the season but suggest we start now to look for his successor. But whoever the coach is without at least half a dozen new faces he will be in trouble. The mess we are in, is all down to IL and KR with the regard to the quality of recruiting in the last 2 years ,its now up to them to get us out of it, the question is are they brave enough to clear out the dross. Time will tell.
You can't chuck Farrell in, he's barely played granted due to a injury, but he never lets anyone down.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

Best position for Willliams is hooker, and get Lui and Hastings in the halves.