Forwards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Green Machine

Re: Forwards

Post by Green Machine »

Wow that’s awful stats.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I've always liked Ben Flower and I've also thought he hasn't been 100% fit for a while. At least he never gave up yesterday and was still tackling hard at the end. Haven't seen the stats but I thought he was on the pitch for a long time yesterday.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

ddtftf wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:56 am Clubb first half in 20 minutes 3 drives 16 yards :( :( :(
Big useless mess. Too fat, too slow, too immobile, no skill or athleticism.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Southern Softy wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:24 am I've always liked Ben Flower and I've also thought he hasn't been 100% fit for a while. At least he never gave up yesterday and was still tackling hard at the end. Haven't seen the stats but I thought he was on the pitch for a long time yesterday.
Never really plays bad but never above average. Supposed to be our best prop but doesn’t come close to other clubs: Hill, Thompson, Watts, Casty etc.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

I will admit, I do not believe signing a world class prop would solve our problems in this department.

It’s the style of play that is killing our poor forwards.

Catching stood still

Running in solo

Poor slow play around the ruck
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:54 am I will admit, I do not believe signing a world class prop would solve our problems in this department.

It’s the style of play that is killing our poor forwards.

Catching stood still

Running in solo

Poor slow play around the ruck
If that’s the case then the coach needs to go.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Barney841 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:52 pm Thought our forwards offered absolutely nothing today.
Clubb too slow, needs to go, naverette, donkey, flower, best days are behind him, oloughlin, PLEASE retire, isa, give you good defence but that’s it, bullock I like him feel abit sorry for him as he’s took a step up in level of rugby and probably feels a little over whelmed.
Best forward greenwood when off injured, awesome player but always picking up injuries.
Need a massive shake up in our pack, a lot of shite and players that can’t keep fit
If you look back at my post when we signed Greenwood as a replacement for Joel and/or Bateman my concern was the fact that although he was a big lad who scored tries his time at Stains seem to be punctuated by injuries over and over again. Not much changes.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.