Forwards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Forwards

Post by nathan_rugby »

Why do our forwards insist on just running the ball up on their own with no support / options?

It must be an absolute pleasure to defend against when you can commit 2, 3, 4 players as you know there is no option for the tip on.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Re: Forwards

Post by josie andrews »

Why do our forwards never run onto a ball? They're always flat footed! ☹️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:35 pm Why do our forwards never run onto a ball? They're always flat footed! ☹️
I know. I really cannot wrap my head around it. I thought it was Wanes tactics but obviously not.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
superleague

Post by superleague »

Because there not good enough, not big enough and are poorly coached
endoman

Post by endoman »

we constantly catch the ball standing still, or worse having to move backwards to take it. Hitting the line at pace has vanished. Nothing fancy needed, just basic rugby.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Thought our forwards offered absolutely nothing today.
Clubb too slow, needs to go, naverette, donkey, flower, best days are behind him, oloughlin, PLEASE retire, isa, give you good defence but that’s it, bullock I like him feel abit sorry for him as he’s took a step up in level of rugby and probably feels a little over whelmed.
Best forward greenwood when off injured, awesome player but always picking up injuries.
Need a massive shake up in our pack, a lot of shite and players that can’t keep fit
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Barney841 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:52 pm Thought our forwards offered absolutely nothing today.
Clubb too slow, needs to go, naverette, donkey, flower, best days are behind him, oloughlin, PLEASE retire, isa, give you good defence but that’s it, bullock I like him feel abit sorry for him as he’s took a step up in level of rugby and probably feels a little over whelmed.
Best forward greenwood when off injured, awesome player but always picking up injuries.
Need a massive shake up in our pack, a lot of shite and players that can’t keep fit
That’s pretty much how I feel. Many of our senior professionals put their last shift in at OT. IFL needs to wield the axe, there is no room for sentiment in sport. We had players who simply gave up in the second half today and that is not acceptable. Near on 5000 fans travelled and were treated to a shambolic performance. Let’s see if Lam is true to his word and players will be dropped. Clubb, Lockers and Tommy need to retire. Lockers and Tommy are in danger of tarnishing their magnificent standing in the sport. Clubb is spent. Flower, who I think is playing with a bad injury is moving in the same direction. Navarrete has had one good game I the last 12 months, which was at OT. Isa cannot break a tackle. If Hankinson is a forward then we need to wrap it up. If we are to regain our position as the number 1 team we need to sign at least four new forwards.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'm watching the Cowboys. It's half-time, and Jason Taumalolo has already run 115m, with 44m post-contact.

If we had someone half as good as him...
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Our forwards collectively don’t contribute that yardage
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Clubb first half in 20 minutes 3 drives 16 yards :( :( :(