The Truth No Excuses

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: The Truth No Excuses

Post by nathan_rugby »

ddtftf wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:59 pm I would put Williams to loose forward it would suit his tackling and he could distribute without taking it to the line , which he doesnt do but should do to draw in the defence. All great halfbacks drawn the defence till the last second and most times take a hit as they pass .
Potential problem with this is it effectively removes a forward from the lineup and adds an extra half. Considering our props and second rows are not performing, I think this could be even more detrimental.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:10 pm
ddtftf wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:59 pm I would put Williams to loose forward it would suit his tackling and he could distribute without taking it to the line , which he doesnt do but should do to draw in the defence. All great halfbacks drawn the defence till the last second and most times take a hit as they pass .
Potential problem with this is it effectively removes a forward from the lineup and adds an extra half. Considering our props and second rows are not performing, I think this could be even more detrimental.
:lol: Considering our backs do all the hard work I would fill the side with them :lol: Worst pack in SL? Not far off
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Wintergreen wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:40 pm Hardaker is getting better with every game.

I have no issues with him at all. In fact, he is probably the only player we have who could genuinely become "world class".

I can't say the same about the rest of the squad.
World class?, sorry he is nowhere near, just a reliable full back and nothing more.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Hardaker always looks slow to me. Surely with a full-back, you hope that they have the ability occasionally to go the length? I'd think that abut Coote, or Evalds, or Ratchford, for example. But never Hardaker. But saying that, it does seem a bit daft to be criticising one of our few solid performers lately.
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

IL was there watching the game next to the Catalan boss. He must have seen which players are past it or are not Wigan class. He must see we need fresh players in several positions. If he can't see it or won't splash the cash he needs to sell the club.
If Kris Radlinski is advising IL he needs to go as well, as much as I rated Kris as player.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Whilst I think the pack being rubbish doesnt help Zac's game I think he lacks effort sometimes. No doubt hes a good defender and a classy player but I dont see enough desire from him. Cant help thinking hes playing at 60% instead of 100% for some reason
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

We have got some players playing at 10%
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:18 pm
AncientWarrior wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:16 pm
ddtftf wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:46 pm Clubb 7 drive ins the whole match ( watch second half drops behind the line or runs through so not to drive the ball in )
Bullock 4 drive ins in 6 minutes
George Williams terrible needs to go early to Aus

Good Points

Tommy tried his heart out
Zack solid in defence and attack
Gilly tries his best and has class
Bullock only true prop we have
Couldn’t agree more. You’ve posted exactly what I was thinking watching the game. In fact, I would go as far to say that Hardaker is displaying all the qualities of a captain and we could do worse than build a team around him. With a few exceptions, the present lot don’t cut the mustard.
But we still don't have the amazing in attack fullback we wanted.

Move him centre and stick Escare in the back.
What will escare offer at fullback that hardaker won’t ?

What will Hardaker off at centre that Sarginson doesn’t?

In your reply please don’t give a general
View, apply it to our current setup.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:42 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:18 pm
AncientWarrior wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:16 pm
Couldn’t agree more. You’ve posted exactly what I was thinking watching the game. In fact, I would go as far to say that Hardaker is displaying all the qualities of a captain and we could do worse than build a team around him. With a few exceptions, the present lot don’t cut the mustard.
But we still don't have the amazing in attack fullback we wanted.

Move him centre and stick Escare in the back.
What will escare offer at fullback that hardaker won’t ?

What will Hardaker off at centre that Sarginson doesn’t?

In your reply please don’t give a general
View, apply it to our current setup.
Escare is quicker and harder to handle than Zak, every game hes played hes caused the defence problems, being small he also has the rob burrow effect of easy metres from high shots. With him at fullback i believe we would be quicker in attack.

As to Zak over sarg thats an easy one, zak can pass, where sarg see a half gap sticks his head down and just runs, zak would 9/10 times make the same break and offload to his winger, he better in defence and i think would benefit from being in the line.

Zak is much better than Escare is defence and in the line but if we should be defending well enough that we dont have to rely on our last defender to stop tries (like we currently are).
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Hardaker and Escare have contracts for next season. Sarginson does not
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: