The Truth No Excuses

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

The Truth No Excuses

Post by ddtftf »

Clubb 7 drive ins the whole match ( watch second half drops behind the line or runs through so not to drive the ball in )
Bullock 4 drive ins in 6 minutes
George Williams terrible needs to go early to Aus

Good Points

Tommy tried his heart out
Zack solid in defence and attack
Gilly tries his best and has class
Bullock only true prop we have
nathan_rugby

Re: The Truth No Excuses

Post by nathan_rugby »

ddtftf wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:46 pm Clubb 7 drive ins the whole match ( watch second half drops behind the line or runs through so not to drive the ball in )

Good Points

Agree on everything other than Tommy. Tries his heart out isn’t good enough. He doesnt organise, he doesnt link in with forwards, doesn’t get many assists and doesn’t have a kicking game at all.

Never been a good 7.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
AncientWarrior

Post by AncientWarrior »

ddtftf wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:46 pm Clubb 7 drive ins the whole match ( watch second half drops behind the line or runs through so not to drive the ball in )

Good Points

Couldn’t agree more. You’ve posted exactly what I was thinking watching the game. In fact, I would go as far to say that Hardaker is displaying all the qualities of a captain and we could do worse than build a team around him. With a few exceptions, the present lot don’t cut the mustard.
A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

AncientWarrior wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:16 pm

Good Points

Couldn’t agree more. You’ve posted exactly what I was thinking watching the game. In fact, I would go as far to say that Hardaker is displaying all the qualities of a captain and we could do worse than build a team around him. With a few exceptions, the present lot don’t cut the mustard.
But we still don't have the amazing in attack fullback we wanted.

Move him centre and stick Escare in the back.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

You would see a different attacking Hardaker if we had half backs who could create space on the outsides like Gale and Hastings would. As long as we use Tommy and Williams its never going to happen because they haven't a clue on how to do it.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Hardaker is getting better with every game.

I have no issues with him at all. In fact, he is probably the only player we have who could genuinely become "world class".

I can't say the same about the rest of the squad.
Dev

Post by Dev »

Wintergreen wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:40 pm Hardaker is getting better with every game.

I have no issues with him at all. In fact, he is probably the only player we have who could genuinely become "world class".

I can't say the same about the rest of the squad.
Agree with you about Hardaker but I also think gidart has got the potential to become world class too.
Don’t think Williams wants to be there to be honest his head is elsewhere. Lockers and Tommy are past it. And the forwards are terrible! The sooner we get fresh faces into the squad the better.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I would put Williams to loose forward it would suit his tackling and he could distribute without taking it to the line , which he doesnt do but should do to draw in the defence. All great halfbacks drawn the defence till the last second and most times take a hit as they pass .
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Best place for Williams is Canberra. His head is already there so let the rest of him concentrate on packing his bags. Just get this announced FFS and drop him and change the playmakers around

Poor kicking and poor distribution interweaved with a good half run every once in a while before running back into the players he's gotten past is not good enough
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

warriors01 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:28 pm You would see a different attacking Hardaker if we had half backs who could create space on the outsides like Gale and Hastings would. As long as we use Tommy and Williams its never going to happen because they haven't a clue on how to do it.
Agreed. Hardaker is a running fullback who needs space creating for him rather than a fullback who is creative for others.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."