Why

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Why

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Why does Lam keep picking lads out of position? If he thinks Hankinson is a forward then he needs sacking.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
nathan_rugby

Re: Why

Post by nathan_rugby »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:14 am Why does Lam keep picking lads out of position? If he thinks Hankinson is a forward then he needs sacking.
Who else could he have played on the bench who could have played second row instead ?

Maybe it’s his versatility that gave him the edge and ability to cover centre?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Smithies
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Why do former top SL forwards think he is worthy?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

They were also praising Williams and Flower yesterday.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Good for them
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

We've got Smithies, Paisley and Joe Shorrocks who've played in the back row already this year and back row forwards out on loan. While Hankinson does have the advantage of good handling, he hasn't got the size and he doesn't seem to be one of these players like Bateman or Farrell who can play above their weight. Defensively he doesn't seem to dominate in tackles and he doesn't seem to draw any attention from defenders to create space which is pretty important for any back row forward playing on our left edge. I'm sure he could develop in that position but at the moment we probably could do with someone who's more familiar with it.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Hankinson looks a big lad to me. We were close to the pitch at Salford and he sure looked big there.
He came from the C'ship as a right centre and has been used as right 2nd row. Using him left side I'd imagine would be risking it.
Hank and Bullock are first year SL and after a full season then off season I think they'll improve massively for next year.
Lam's squad selection is getting worse by the week. When we were short of players selection was easy, it you're fit you play. Now has real selection decisions to make he's making a right "town halls" of it.
Clubb been out for months and obviously not fully fit so he starts him at 13 with Lockers on the bench. Where did that come from?