Young guns

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Young guns

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Let’s get them in the team. I would rather have young lads giving there all rather than watch dire performances like we experienced today. Smithies and Partington warrant a place before any of our forwards that played today.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
nathan_rugby

Re: Young guns

Post by nathan_rugby »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:17 am Let’s get them in the team. I would rather have young lads giving there all rather than watch dire performances like we experienced today. Smithies and Partington warrant a place before any of our forwards that played today.
Needs to be carefully done though so as not to expose them to a poor performing squad. Could end up doing more damage than good if they become scapegoats etc.

I think the problems are in the forwards, as well as 6, 7, 9.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Yes let's let them all play, A relegation battle is just what we need also let's destroy any confidence these players had and maybe even ruin their careers while we are at it, Christ on a bike the over reacting on this site is unreal at times
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

We played them at Cas, Wakey and Salford. Those teams scored barge over try after barge over try. Young lads will give you a good ten minutes then when they tire fall off tackles all over the place. Hence opposition coaches played down the middle for their barge over tries.
It may change next season when we have a reserve team. Players who are now loaned out to Swinton, Dewsbury etc will be playing for us and will be far better prepared to step up to first team rugby when they are needed.