Sean "Lockers" OLoughlin

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Re: Sean "Lockers" OLoughlin

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:09 pm In the words of Robbie Burns (or Rabbi Burns as Spike Milligan called him):

"Oh wad some pow'r the giftie gie us
Tae see oorsels as ithers see us
It wad frae mony a blunder free us
And foolish notion"

Roughly translated:
"I wish sumb'dy had t'gift fer't gie us
Fer't see oursels uz others see us
It would frum many a cock-up free us
And foolish notion."

Apologies to Edinburgh Warrior.
No apology needed mate lol .

Just thru the door from Barcelona . A great weekend but so sad to see SOL let himself down so badly both in the playing sense and his constant outbursts at the ref . I thought Thaler was going to send him off at the end of the game and I wouldn't have blamed him .
I have said to the mates since the season start that SOL is using Wigan as a vehicle to captain GB at the end of the season. If I an right IMO that is not only disrespectful to Wigan also a sad end to a wonderful Wigan career .

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

nathan_rugby wrote:
ian.birchall wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:56 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:28 pm I’ve always said the very best performers know when to leave the stage...

We shall see what happens with him
As shown by City Captain Kompany going today after the Treble yesterday.
Gerrard left Liverpool when Rodgers told him he wouldn’t make the 11 every week.
Not quite sure what your point is? Are you suggesting Lam should say the same to Lockers?

For the record I think the difference between Kompany and Lockers is when Kompany played not only was he fit enough to do so he was also an effective player. Guardiola wouldn’t play him otherwise. Lockers is being picked when he’s neither.
SJ

Post by SJ »

ancientnloyal wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:08 pm Time to go. Simple,
Or loose the fans respect which would be ashame !
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

SJ wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:54 am
ancientnloyal wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:08 pm Time to go. Simple,
Or loose the fans respect which would be ashame !
Sculthorpe did the same at saints played too long and end up becoming a liability to the team
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

At the moment he shouldn't be in the Wigan team and no where near a England spot for the World cup
Warrior49

Post by Warrior49 »

didn't have best of games his mistakes led directly to 3 tries..hope we get Hastings for next year coz g Williams well overrated not in same class as Hastings.. I also think we need new pack apart from farrell and Greenwood maybe bullok